Mike Anderson, author of fiction for children and educational resources for children, storyteller, and musician
Location: Jacksonville, IL (just west of Springfield, IL)
* Questions, audio book(Listen and Live Audio, Inc 2012)
* The Phantom Teacher, chapter book for 2nd - 4th grade
* Samuel and the Butterflies, picture book (Kiwi Publications, 2000)
* Making Grandpa Smile, picture book (Kiwi Publications, 2000)
* Storytelling For Literacy: The Stories of Aesop, teacher resource
* Storytelling For Writing Literacy, teacher resource
* Riding Trees, Denny and I, Volume 1 (Listen and Live Audio, Inc 2008), audio collection of short stories
* The Great Sled Race, Danny and I, Volume 2 (Listen and Live Audio, Inc 2008), audio collection of short stories -- 2000 Parents' Choice Silver Honor
* Anna's Old Boot (MW Productions, 2003), audio collection of original songs and stories - 2003 Parents' Choice, 2003 iParenting Honors,Children's Music Web winner
* Magazine articles on early Childhood Fears, Children Today.
Biography: The combination of music, storytelling and humor has made Mike Anderson one of the most sought-after speakers and performers from the Atlantic coast to Canada to the Gulf and all points in between.
Under the auspices of the Illinois State Board of Education, Mike has conducted many workshops for developing literacy through the art of storytelling. His Early Childhood shows are legendary. As an author and an elementary school teacher of 29 years, Mike earned accolades from his current principal who said, "He is a superb communicator, master teacher and an exceptional leader in any setting."
While the Mountain Dulcimer, Guitar, Banjo, Jaw Harp, and Nose Flute are a part of his trade, his power to guide teachers and students is among his greatest strengths. His workshops on "Promoting Higher Level Thinking Through Classroom Activities" and "Storytelling for Literacy for Early Childhood Teachers and Parents" have been nationally recognized.
Mike Anderson holds an MA in Education from Saint Xavier University, Chicago, IL. He has won numerous awards including two Parents' Choice honors, 3 Outstanding Educator Awards, and a NFLCP national children's programming award for the television show he wrote and hosted. Anna's Old Boot, a audio collection of original short stories and songs, received a Recommended Honor from Parents' Choice and a Gold Honor from the Children's Music web.
Availability: Advance notice advisable. Mike travels nationally to schools, libraries, workshops, conferences, and museums and is comfortable working with any age level.
Telephone: (217) 217-473-5889
Member since 2001
Published In Children's Market: