I have worn several hats in my professional career. My work with preschool gymnastics started me on my story writing career when I invented stories to go along with teaching the children basic motor skill movements such as the Bunny Jump, Kangaroo Jump, Frog Jump, Crab walk, etc. As I am retiring from being an international early childhood motor development consultant, I am moving into PB for early childhood.
Summary of qualifications Early Childhood Motor Development Consultant
• 42 years in the field of education.
• International Education Consultant
• Diverse background as an Early Childhood Motor Development Consultant
• Clinician at local, state, and national education and gymnastics conferences
• Consultant, educator, and CEO of a large recreational, developmental gymnastics school.
• Published author of teacher resource book and musical CD.
M.S. Ed. Curriculum Design and Development, 2002. National University, San Diego, CA
ACE Personal Fitness Trainer Certification, 1996-present
• Post Graduate coursework
• Child Development, Sensory Motor Dysfunction, 1984, UC Berkeley, CA.
• Colorado State University, 1970-1972, Fort Collins, CO
• Adaptive Physical Education,
• Specialized work with quadriplegics and children with Down syndrome.
B.S. Physical Education, 1969, Washington State University, Pullman, WA.
Teacher, Adult Education Senior Fitness. San Dieguito Union High School
District: Encinitas, CA. 2001-present.
In Home Personal Fitness Trainer. 2001-present.
Teacher Training Consultant: 1995-present. National and International
San Diego State University, Physical Education Foundation,
• SPARK Early Childhood Instructor 2001-2003
• General Conference Chair, Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI) San Diego, CA 2002
Public and Private Teaching: 1969-1995
• CEO, Curriculum Developer, Teacher: Nicki’s Gymnastics for Children. Curriculum work included staff development workshops that focused on inclusion, typical/atypical child development, learning theories, authentic assessment.
• The Bush School, Seattle, WA. Long term substitute, Physiology, CPR, and physical education.
• Substitute Elementary Teacher, Northshore school district, King Co., Seattle, WA
• Elementary Physical Education. Greeley, CO. Developed the first physical education program that this school had ever had.
• High school Physical Education. Loveland, CO.
• Junior high Physical Education. Yakima, WA.
Member since 2009
Region: California: San Diego
Published In Children's Market:
Available for Speaking Engagements?