I am a mother as well as a registered therapist for differently-abled children. I enjoy kayaking, biking, x-country skiing, walking/hiking, and reading a stack of books all at the same time. I have had several short stories and poems published in a variety of religious periodicals, and I am currently working on a picture book for hopeful publication. I was actively writing between the time period of 1998-2006, and then due to family tragedy I took four years off from writing - but now I'm back in the saddle again - and I'm loving to write once more!
• Story titled Come to the Manger, published in The Heart of Christmas book Nov. 2010, by Guideposts, and Ideals Magazine, Dec. 2006.
• Contributing writer for Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul 2, Jan. 2006.
• Contributing writer for What I Learned from God While Cooking, by Christine Bolley. Published by Barbour Publishing, 1/2006.
• Contributing writer for God Allows U-Turns – The Choices Teens Make, by Allison Bottke and Cheryl Hutchings. Published by Bethany House, 2/2006.
• DevoZine – just for teens, The Upper Room’s devotional magazine for youth. Meditation titled, Big SSSSSSpender, published in Jan. 2006 issue.
• Focus on the family Clubhouse Jr. Magazine, for children 8-12. Interactive stories/poems, issues: 7/04, 12/04, 2/05, and 4/06.
• Contributing writer for Journeys of Hope – True Stories of Faith in Adversity, collected by Allison Gappa Bottke. Barbour Publishing, 2004.
• Shine Brightly magazine, for girls ages 9-14. Article/quiz, 2/04 issue.
• Contributing writer for A Cup of Comfort Devotional, edited by Stephen R. Clark and James S. Bell. Published by Adams Media Corporation, 2004.
• Contributing writer for True Vol. 1: Real Stories about God Showing up in the Lives of Teens. Edited by, Irene Dunlap. Published by Youth Specialties in partnership with Zondervan, 2004.
• Contributing writer for ‘Sonday Scool’ Sunday School Curriculum for The Salvation Army, by Hope Share. 2004.
• Contributing writer for God’s Way for Mothers, edited by Mark Gilroy and John M. Thurber. Published by White Stone Books, 2003.
• Contributing writer for Rest Stops for Busy Teachers and Rest Stops for Busy Moms, compiled by Susan Osborne. Broadman & Holman, 2003.
• Contributing writer for Stories for a Teen’s Heart book 3, compiled by Alice Gray. Multnomah Publishers, 2002.
• Focus on the Family’s Clubhouse website; developed 5 interactive games, 2002.
• Contributing writer for More God Allows U-Turns, by Allison Gappa Bottke. 2001, by Promise Press.
• Contributing writer for A Growing Heart: Stories, Lessons and Exercises Inspired by Proverbs, by Kathy Collard Miller. 2001, by Starburst Publishers.
• Article in Power Station – a weekly take-home paper for 5th-6th grade; Scripture Press Sunday School curriculum, 5/01.
• Contributing writer for Tea Time for Mothers, by Linda Evans Shepherd. 4/01, by River Oak Publishing.
• Contributing writer for Ripples of Joy, by Cheryl Kirking. Shaw/Waterbrook Press, 1/01.
• Non-fiction article (And the Blind Shall See), published in 8/6/00 and 8/4/02 issues of Live Wire, of Standard Publishing; a Sunday school paper for 5th & 6th grades.
• Developed brochure (including text/photographs) for The Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), for the Monroe County District. 2002.
• Contributor of two stories in God’s Abundance for Women, by Kathy Collard Miller. Starburst Publishers, 8/99.
• Monthly column (The Kid’s Corner) for a regional Christian newspaper, New Voice, 1999-2000.
• Wrote/illustrated a monthly column (Thoughts from the Garden Bench), in New Voice; A regional Christian newspaper, 1999-2000.
• Touch magazine – the magazine of GEMS Girl’s Clubs, ages 9-15. Stories in three issues: 9/98, 11/99, and 12/99.
Member since 2011
Region: New York: West/Central Upstate
Published In Children's Market: