Writer’s Biography – Gayle C. Krause
Born in Scranton, Pennsylvania, Gayle C. Krause was an energetic, creative, young girl. She always seemed to gather the children on her block in an organized activity of one kind or another, which involved singing, acting, or creative play. This organized, creative energy led to a career as a teacher at a Career and Technical center in upstate New York, where she guided young men and women in finding the key to successful Early Childhood and Elementary teaching careers. She was Director of the Pre-K Laboratory School affiliated with her teacher-training program. She also was an Early Childhood adjunct instructor at a local college. As a Master Educationalist she taught Children’s Literature, creative writing, storytelling techniques, and acting.
Her years as a creative role model for teens and pre-school children have led to her new career as a children’s author. Her debut picture book titled, Rock Star Santa, was released with Scholastic, Inc. in December 2008.
Although she has been writing since she was a child; she has been creating children’s books for the past six years and children’s plays for the past fifteen. One original fantasy was performed in a storytelling competition at an upstate SUNY College and at a New York Career and Technical Center, and won first place at both sites. She also was the First place winner in the SCBWI Pocono Retreat Writer’s contest in 2005. In December 2008, she was the guest writer on the ICL website, answering questions on writing seasonal books for children.
She is a member of SCBWI, Cliff House Writers, Wayne County Arts Alliance, and a book reviewer for Children’s Literature.com. She is a past member of the Historical Novel Society and a graduate of two Highlights Foundation workshops. She participated in the Rutgers University Council on Children’s Literature for two consecutive years, 2005 and 2006.
Her publishing credits include:
• Rock Star Santa, December 2008 from Scholastic, Inc.
• Two Best Friends, published in Chicken Soup for the Kid’s Soul 2 – March 2006
• My Golden Lady and Phantom Father - Diversion Press Meanderings: A Collection of Poetic Verse Anthology – April 2009
• YA Characters for Today’s Teen and Easy Readers – Easy as Pie? published in The Blue Review - March and May 2006
• Moon Maidens, The Birth of a S’More, and A Pirate Surprise published in Fandangle Magazine – April, August, September 2007
• Cookie Lessons, Stories for Children Magazine and Anthology, Volume I – October 2007
• Chick-a-diddle-dee, Frogs Went a Countin’, and The Manner’s Test in Kidz Wonder Magazine – March, May 2008
• Exercise is Beneficial to Your Writer’s Life, SCBWI National Bulletin July/August 2008, Repetitive Redundancies and A Poet’s Consequence forthcoming.
• Soup’s On - A Cauldron of Story: Recipes for Success – Institute of Children’s Literature – May 2009
• A Viking Secret – Hopscotch for Girls – December 2013
• Cartwheels in the Sky –Boy’s Quest Magazine –August 2012
Though she has traveled the world, she has settled in a small town not far from where she was born. She listens to her muse sing through the trees of the Pocono Mountains and is inspired to write for children everyday.
Member since 2002
Region: Pennsylvania: East
Published In Children's Market:
Available for Speaking Engagements?