Rani Iyer, Ph.D.
* Ten years experience in freelance writing.
* Authored over 100 non-fiction articles, and 13 full-length research publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
* Experienced in writing for web, scientific journals, magazines, and technical reports.
* Ph. D. Ecology with post-doctoral experience in India, Canada, USA
* M.Sc. Botany
* B. Sc. Chemistry/Botany/Zoology
* Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCWBI)
* National Association of Science Writers
* Articles: Appleseeds, Boys Quest, Christian Science Monitor, Faces, Gokulam, Hopscotch, Jantar Mantar, Kahani, Know, Odyssey, PCM Children’s Magazine, Skipping Stones, Thulir
* On-line: Chandamama.com, Children’s Story Magazine, Christian Science Monitor, Dimdima.com, Wee ones, Whittle Tykes
· Encyclopedia entries: Encyclopedia of the History of the Invention and Technology, 11 entries (Facts on File); Encyclopedia of American Environmental History, 3 entries (Facts on File); Discovery and Invention Encyclopedia, 2 entries (M. E. Sharpe)
· Peer-reviewed scientific publications: Diversity & Distributions, Flora, Journal of Biogeography, Global Ecology and Biogeography, Journal of Tropical Forestry, Indian Journal of Forestry, MY forest.
Science, Ecology, Climate, Natural History, Nature and Culture, History, Biographies, Geography, Geology, Social Studies, Women’s history
Member since 2007
Region: Inland Northwest
Published In Children's Market: