PAL Booksale Guidelines
1. Only PAL authors and illustrators are eligible to sell their books and the books must be published by approved PAL publishers.
2. You may sell ONE title (please use your judgment as to how many you can sell but it is a maximum of 20 books).
3. Books will be on sale only during the Friday night reception.
4. If you plan to sell one of your titles, please email Sara Rutenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information by June 25th.
Title of Book
Price of book for sale
Number of books
5. Drop-Off Info: Package your books in a box labeled with: your name, title of book and the number of books enclosed. All books must be brought to the Pavilion (Plaza Level) between 9:00am and 12:00pm on Friday, August 3rd
6. You may include business cards or postcards (only one set permitted – up to 300) to be displayed in front of your books during the book sale (maximum size of 5 inches x 7 inches). When you check-in your books on Friday, submit your cards either in a rubber band or in a disposable bag and the cards will be displayed on the table in front of your work. No card holders please — we cannot ensure their safety or return. There will be staff to facilitate the setup of your books after drop off.
7. All books must be picked up by the author/illustrator on Friday evening by 8:30pm at the LATEST as we have no secure place to store them overnight. Please make your own arrangements for book pick-up if needed. If you do not pick them up, we will donate them.
8. Payment: We will keep a tally of the amount of books sold and issue sellers a check, which will be mailed to you within 8 weeks of the conference. Please note that we do tally very carefully so make sure you give me an accurate count of the books you are actually bringing. The SCBWI does not keep any portion of the sales.
Back to conference pages