Update Your SCBWI Member Profile!
- Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Instructions for updating your SCBWI Member Profile
2. Log in with your email address and password. (You may enter this info in the fields at the lower center of the home page, or click on the yellow "Member Login" button in the top right hand of page.)
3. Your password: If this is the first time you are logging into the new site, enter your password from the old site in ALL CAPS. If that doesn't work, or you've forgotten your password then click on the "Forgot Password" link and a new temporary password will be emailed to you.
4. Your Member Home Page will say "Welcome, Your Name!"
5. Click on "Manage Profile" in the navigation bar on the left, OR on the "Manage My Profile graphic below the welcome message.
6. Verify and update your personal information accordingly. Click the little boxes next to the items you'd like displayed in your profile.
7. Date of Birth: We are legally obligated to verify that all members of the SCBWI are 18 years of age or older. No one has access to your birth date but you. However, if you wish not to enter it, you may enter 01/01/1900 and still save your information. If you do enter your actual birth date be certain to enter in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy (a 2-digit month, a 2-digit day, and a 4-digit year.) Otherwise, you will not be able to save your information.
8. Verify and update your professional information.
VERY IMPORTANT for our published members: PAL membership status ("published and listed") is determined by you choosing your publisher from the drop-down menus under "Professional Information." Currently, there is only space for 1 title to be listed. This will change soon, but in the meantime, if your most recent publisher is not on the drop-down list, and a former publisher IS, please enter the older title and choose the correct publisher from the drop-down menu. Other titles may be listed in your "Bio." Also, if your publisher is missing, please email the name of that publisher to email@example.com
with the subject line "Publisher Missing."
9. Don't forget to select the Speaking Availability box if appropriate. PAL members will be given the option to click the box, "I am available for speaking engagements."
10. Fill out your Bio. This is the information that will appear on the Member Profile page that people will see when they search for you.
11. Click continue button. You will hopefully see a message saying that your profile will be updated. To view it, you may click the "View My Profile" button at the top right-hand corner of the profile page. IMPORTANT: If you did not fill out a required field, you may get a message saying that there are errors on the page. Look for a little red asterisk next to the field that you missed. If you see an asterisk next to the "Date of Birth" field, be sure that you entered a 2-digit month and day, and 4-digit year before continuing.
You may also click the "SEARCH MEMBERS" link in the upper right corner of the page to find other SCBWI members and send them messages or add them as friends on the SCBWI site. Also, be sure to visit your Regional Home Page where you'll be able to browse through all of the members in your area, learn about regional events and get the latest news from your Regional Advisor.
We're very excited about the new updates and features at SCBWI.org, and know that you will be, too! Stay tuned for my instructions about other exciting features of the new site.