New to our region?
Welcome! Browse our regional website and visit SCBWI's Just Getting Started page.
Our region would not exist without the help of our excellent volunteers:
Illustrator Coordinator Kris Aro McLeod
Assistant Illustrator Coordinator Mira Reisberg
Membership Coordinator Nancy Barnet
Spring Spirit Conference Coordinator Connie Goldsmith
Twitter expert Bitsy Kemper
Plus all of the wonderful people who perform specific event tasks.
Very special thanks to Susan Gutierrez of Fresno for her winning logo entry (right) in our Regional Logo Contest!
Have you seen a map of our California North/Central region? It is vast, extending from the Oregon border southward to Kings, Tulare and Inyo counties, and endless inspiration abounds from such majestic sites as Yosemite, Mammoth/ Eastern Sierra, South Lake Tahoe, the Mendocino coast, Lassen and Mt. Shasta, not to mention the California foothills where gold was discovered!
Some of our North/Central geographical areas include:
- Inyo-Mono-Alpine counties
- Sierra/ Nevada County, Placer County, and El Dorado County
- Amador/ Calveras/San Joaquin, Tuolomne
- south to Fresno/ Kings County and Tulare
- north to Humboldt/Trinity/Mendocino
- Lassen/Shasta and environs
PLEASE HELP US COMMUNICATE WITH YOU!
1. Log in with your SCBWI username and password. Under Account Information, be sure to add a current email address and click the box at the bottom that says, "Please send me an email when someone sends me a message" to receive the most current information about events around our region. Also, update your profile to help us plan effective programming in our region.
2. Our region produces an online newsletter, "The Acorn." Click the REGIONAL NEWS tab above for the latest edition (you may have to scroll to find it, and you must log in with your SCBWI user name and password to read it.).
3. Join our SCBWI CA North/Central
Facebook page for timely event postings and lively discussion.
4. Follow us on Twitter: @SCBWINorthCal
(also, @PatriciaNewman @catherinemeyer
5. Interested in joining a critique group? Contact our coordinator, Rosi Hollinbeck
6. Members of the three Northern California regions (both illustrators and writers) are entitled to join our private Yahoo Group
, which is both a forum for discussions on writing and illustrating for children and a place to post timely news that can't wait for the newsletter, such as businesses looking for writers or illustrators for specific projects. Digest and read-on-the-Web versions are available if individual emails is not your style. To join this chat list, contact Nancy Barnet
NOTE: When contacting, please include your name, the email address you wish to use and the Northern California region to which you belong (North/Central;SF/South; SF North/East Bay)
We would love to hear from you. What works well for you? What doesn’t? What can we do to meet your needs? Do you have an idea for a conference topic or a speaker?
If you would like to get to know your RA a bit better, please visit www.patriciamnewman.com
We look forward to serving you!
Pattii Newman, RA
Catherine Meyer, ARA