February 8, 2012
CONTACT: Margaret Speaker Yuan
Mill Valley, CA
Please click here for more information and to register.
Wednesday, Feb. 8th, 7 - 8:30 PM
This is a New Program Just For Members
Location: Caffe Oggi, Mill Valley
Location: Caffe Oggi, 745 East Blithedale, Mill Valley, in the Whole Foods Center.
Cost: $15.00 includes a dessert or snack
(At the door, registration will be $20.)
NOTE: You do not need a PayPal account to register. Follow the links to pay by credit card if you don't have a PayPal account.
No-Host: Wine, Beer, Espresso drinks and Other Food
Be Green: Bring your Own Travel Cup/Mug
Here's What We'll Do:
1) Depending on how many people, we will break up into small groups according to region. Each region table will have a facilitator (just to explain the rules and keep the clock)
2) Each member should be prepared to pass out 3 pages of 1 manuscript (MS) to have members in the group critique.
3) A member will read 1 page out loud. The MS will be verbally critiqued by the group, 1 critiquer at a time.
What You Need to Bring for Critique Cafe:
4) This is an excellent time to meet members, learn about others' work, inquire about critique groups and those groups that might need members.
1) 8-10 copies of 3 pages of a manuscript you are working on
2) Note pad or computer/IPad to write down notes from critique and to take names of members who might be interested in forming a critque group or adding members to a current group