The Book Launch Award provides authors or illustrators with $2,000 in funds to help the promotion of their newly published work and take the marketing strategy into their own creative hands.
Deadline: Applications may be submitted from June 1 – July 1
Eligibility: You must be a current SCBWI member. PAL and full members are eligible and must have a book with a publication date during 2016 or August-December of 2015.
1. One to two Grants of $2,000 each will be awarded annually.
2. Money from the Grant may be used to promote your book including (but not limited to):
-Speaking engagements and book tours
-Advertising, posters, postcards
-Book donations to local schools and libraries
3. Grants will be awarded based on:
-Strong marketing and implementation plan
-Demonstrated need (e.g. your publishing house is not dedicating a lot of marketing money for your book)
-Quality and professionalism of your synopsis
4. Winners must use the money in the first calendar year and provide SCBWI with documentation of use of grant money.
5. Winners will also send in a 250-word article appropriate for publication in the SCBWI Bulletin about your marketing experience.
6. Mail to:
7. Applications must not exceed THREE pages.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are self-published authors eligible? Yes, under publisher say "self" and the method you are using for publishing (CreateSpace, Lulu etc.)
Can I apply for a book that is already out? No, the award is for forth-coming books to provide a big marketing push right when the book is launched.
Other questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org