The annual Crystal Kite Award is a peer-given award to recognize great books from 15 SCBWI regional divisions around the world.
Deadline: BOOKS NO LONGER CAN BE ENTERED. HOW TO ENTER YOUR BOOKS
1. You must be a current member to nominate your book.
2. Nominated books must be a PAL book published within the previous calendar year. Click here for more information on PAL publishers.
3. Self-Published books cannot be nominated.
1. Enter your book by adding it to your publications on your member profile
2. Indicate that you would like the book entered by clicking the box.
3. We have strict anti-spamming rules. Once your book is entered you may promote the award on social media and to personal friends but you may not:
- Send emails to people you do not know to promote your book
- Use the SCBWI messaging system to promote your book
- Use any SCBWI discussion board or listserve to promote your book
Doing any of these will immediately flag your book for deletion in the Crystal Kite Awards.
4. Winners are announced in May in a press release and on the SCBWI website/social media. Winners receive a crystal, engraved kite award, an opportunity to present at a regional conference, a silver sticker for their winning book, and one winner will be chosen to present at the LA Summer Conference.
1. You must be a current member to vote.
2. You may only vote once per voting round.
Round One: April 1- April 14th
Round Two: April 18-April 30th
3. You may only vote for a book that is in your own division:
· California, Hawaii
· West (Washington, northern Idaho, Oregon, Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota)
· Southwest (Nevada, Arizona, Utah, southern Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico)
· Midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio)
· New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire. Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
· New York
· Texas, Oklahoma
· Atlantic (Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Wash DC, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland)
· Mid-South (Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri)
· Southeast (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana)
· UK, Ireland
· Middle East, India, Asia
· Australia, New Zealand
· Other International
Check out the Frequently Asked Question Page
Still have questions? You can email Christopher Cheng, our SCBWI Crystal Kite Member Choice Award Coordinator.