The Amber Brown Grant commemorates author and beloved school speaker, Paula Danziger. One school are awarded each year with an author or illustrator visit and new books to continue Paula’s love of connecting children with creative influences.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted from November 1 – April 15
1. Any school can apply. You do not need to be a member to nominate a school.
2. Applications must be filled out entirely and can only be submitted from November 1 – April 15.
3. A statement of support from the nominated school’s principal.
4. Mail applications to:
SCBWI Amber Brown Grant
4727 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 301
Los Angeles, CA 90010
5. The winning school will be determined by an SCBWI committee. The winning school will be published in the SCBWI Bulletin and on the SCBWI website, blog, and social networks.
6. One school will receive an all-expense-paid visit by a well-respected children’s author or illustrator. The chosen school will also receive a $250 stipend to create a memorable day and $250 worth of books by the visiting author.
Questions? Contact Kim Turrisi at 323-782-1010.
Donate to the Amber Brown fund: