Critically acclaimed children’s book author Jane Yolen created this grant to honor the contribution of mid-list authors. The grant awards $3,000 to mid-list authors and aims to help raise awareness about their current works in progress. Jane was the first SCBWI Regional Advisor and currently sits on the SCBWI Board of Advisors.
Nominations accepted from June 1 – August 1, applications from nominees are due November 1.
1. The award is open by nomination ONLY.
2. Any current member can nominate another current member who has published at least two PAL books, but has not sold anything for at least five years.
3. Current members may nominate other members using the form below.
4. Application forms will be sent through e-mail ONLY to the nominees and must be returned by November 1.
5. One winner will receive $2,000 and two runners-up will receive $500 each to boost their writing careers.
6. Winners will be announced at the SCBWI New York Winter Conference and featured in the Bulletin, on the SCBWI website, and on SCBWI social networks.
Questions? Grants and Awards Coordinator Chelsea Confalone
2012: Mary Whittington, author of Carmina Come Dance, The Patchwork Lady, Troll Games, and Winter's Child.
2013: Eve Feldman, author of Billy and Milly, Short and Silly, and Dog Crazy