Critically acclaimed children’s book author Jane Yolen created this grant to honor the contribution of mid-list authors. The grant awards $3,000 to mid-list authors and aims to help raise awareness about their current works-in-progress. Jane was the first SCBWI Regional Advisor and currently sits on the SCBWI Board of Advisors.
Applications are due November 1.
1. You must be a current member who has published at least two PAL books, but has not sold anything for at least five years.
2. Any current member can nominate another current member who has published at least two PAL books, but has not sold anything for at least five years. Please e-mail Grant Coordinator Kayla Heinen with the name of the member nominated.
3. One winner will receive $2,000 and two runners-up will receive $500 each to boost their writing careers. (Winners and runners-up are given at the discretion of SCBWI.)
4. Winners will be announced at the SCBWI New York Winter Conference and featured in the Bulletin, on the SCBWI website, and on SCBWI social networks.
5. Use this Jane Yolen Grant Application E-MAIL APPLICATIONS ONLY. Include your CAREER STATEMENT in the body of the e-mail.
Questions? Grants and Awards Coordinator Kayla Heinen
2012: Mary Whittington, author of Carmina Come Dance, The Patchwork Lady, Troll Games, and Winter's Child.
2013: Eve Feldman, author of Billy and Milly, Short and Silly, and Dog Crazy.
2014: Sanna Stanley, writer and illustrator of such works as Monkey for Sale and Monkey Sunday.
SCBWI reserves the right not to confer this award in any given year.