The Tomie dePaola Illustrator Award is given annually to an illustrator of promise chosen by Tomie himself. The award consists full tuition, transportation and accommodations to the New York Winter Conference held in Manhattan. The winning piece of art will be featured at the annual winter conference in New York. About Tomie.
THE GUIDELINES HAVE CHANGED THIS YEAR! TOMIE HAS SET UP A TWO PART CONTEST SO PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CLOSELY.
Deadline: June 15th, 2014
The winner will receive a trip to the 2015 SCBWI New York Conference at the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan, where the award will be presented. As a special addition to the prize this year, the winner will also get to have lunch with Tomie at the conference!
The Tomie dePaola Award competition is open to all SCBWI members.
Read these instructions carefully! Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be disqualified.
1. Submit your entry by midnight PST on June 15, 2014. No files received after that time will be considered.
2. E-mail a single, high resolution JPEG, titled with your name (firstname_lastname.jpg) to email@example.com with the subject "Tomie". The image must be an attachment, not a link or showing in the body of the e-mail. No original artwork should be mailed. All submissions must be digital. You will receive a confirmation e-mail within three days.
3. Tomie will select the 10 semi-finalists. VIEW THE SEMI-FINALISTS!
4. You must be a current SCBWI member to win.
Do you want to be included in the "unofficial" gallery of submissions?
Three years ago, Diandra Mae, Illustrator Coordinator for the SCBWI Houston region, started an "Unofficial Gallery" of submissions to the award. It was such a great success that we’ve made it more official and easier to enter. Any SCBWI member who enters the award is eligible to be included in the gallery. The gallery will not be made public until the winning piece has been chosen and announced.
If you are interested in having your submission to the Tomie dePaola award posted in the Unofficial Gallery (http://scbwicontest.blogspot.com/) email your submission image to Gallery Coordinator Diandra Mae at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject of your email should be "Tomie dePaola Award"
- Your image should be saved as a web-ready jpeg (save it for 72 dpi).
- Save your jpeg as your first and last name. Example: SnowWhite.jpeg
- Include the following information in your email, in this order:
- First and Last Name
- Medium the piece was done in
- Your website or blog address
- SCBWI member since____(fill in the year)
Please note: Due to the volume of submissions, any submissions not following these guidelines will not be posted.
This year's contest is a two part structure. Submissions to the Gallery will not be made public until the final winner is chosen after the second part of the contest.
Questions? Email the Grant Coordinator