The Tomie dePaola Illustrator Award, is given annually to an illustrator of promise chosen by Tomie himself. The award consists full tuition, transportation and accommodations to the New York Winter Conference held in Manhattan. The winning piece of art will be featured at the annual winter conference in New York. About Tomie.
Deadline: December 13, 2013
The winner will receive a trip to the 2014 SCBWI New York Conference at the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan, where the award will be presented. As a special addition to the prize this year, the winner will also get to have lunch with Tomie at the conference!
The Tomie dePaola Award competition is open to all SCBWI members.
Read these instructions carefully! Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be disqualified.
1. Submit your entry by midnight PST on December 13, 2013. No files received after that time will be considered.
2. E-mail a single, high resolution JPEG, titled with your name (firstname_lastname.jpg) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Tomie". The image must be an attachment, not a link or showing in the body of the e-mail. No original artwork should be mailed. All submissions must be digital. You will receive a confirmation e-mail within three days.
3. Tomie will select the winning entry by January 10, 2014.
4. You must be a current SCBWI member to win.
Do you want to be included in the "unofficial" gallery of submissions?
Two years ago, Diandra Mae, Illustrator Coordinator for the SCBWI Houston region, started an "Unofficial Gallery" of submissions to the award. It was such a great success that we’ve made it more official and easier to enter. Any SCBWI member who enters the award is eligible to be included in the gallery. The gallery will not be made public until the winning piece has been chosen and announced.
If you are interested in having your submission included please follow these guidelines:
After you enter the contest, email your submission image to Gallery Coordinator Diandra Mae at email@example.com
1) The subject of your email should be "Tomie de Paola Award"
2) Your image should be saved as a web-ready jpeg (save it for 72 dpi).
3) Save your jpeg as your first and last name. Example: JaneDoe.jpeg
4) Include the following information in your email: First and Last Name
5) Medium the piece was done in
6) Your website or blog address
7) SCBWI member since_(fill in the year)_
Due to the volume of submissions, any submissions not following these guidelines will not be posted.
Questions? Email the Grant Coordinator