SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Blog for Chapter Book Writers

Discussion started on

Hello,

I'm an aspiring chapter book writer and have been kicking an idea around for awhile.  What are the opinions of other Chapter Book Writers about starting a blog similar to Miss Snark's First Victim but for Chapter Book Writers only.  The blog will have opportunities to critique portions of chapter books either finished or not, interviews with agents who represent chapter books, maybe contests with agent judges,  and analysis of popular chapter books and characters.  Any thoughts are welcome.  Also I would be interested in other chapter book writers who would like to help create the blog.     
#1 - April 30, 2015, 02:59 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
I think it would be interesting. My first children's piece I wrote was a chapter book. I haven't done anything with it because the market for chapter books seems so barren, it would be fun to see chapter book related topics. I feel like it's all about MG/YA!
#2 - April 30, 2015, 04:07 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
I've tried a chapter book too -- it wasn't quite right but there just aren't that many resources to help, so this is a great idea. A few years ago Kurtis Scaletta wrote a guest post about CBs for Operation Awesome, and it was one of our most popular posts -- more info is needed!
#3 - April 30, 2015, 04:45 PM
Kell Andrews
www.kellandrews.com
Twitter @kellandrewsPA

DEADWOOD, Spencer Hill, 2014
MIRA FORECASTS THE FUTURE, Sterling, 2016

I agree and think there would be tremendous value to something like this. If you do go ahead with it, please be sure to post a link to you blog! ;)
#4 - May 02, 2015, 03:00 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Moderator
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
I have a couple too. They are so hard to sell. Any help would be great.
#5 - May 04, 2015, 09:23 PM

That would be fantastic. Really a short fiction writer, though they always interconnect.
#6 - May 14, 2015, 06:34 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region easternny
Just thought I'd mention "ChaBooCha" in case you haven't seen it. Might get some useful info there. Not too many events are specifically for cb's.

http://chapterbookchallenge.blogspot.com/
#8 - May 16, 2015, 08:28 AM
NED THE KNITTING PIRATE, GRIMELDA series,
CITY SHAPES, DORIS THE BOOKASAURUS, ONE SNOWY DAY, PIZZA PIG, and more...
http://www.dianamurray.com

Members: