SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Help with meta series

Discussion started on

I ended up creating inadvertently a meta series: Nymphs Of Winter Fire, The Hatchling Song, and Uploaded Fairy.

Now it is looking like I have a forth novelette coming up that is a direct sequel to uploaded fairy.

How do I create a bible that keeps tracks of this larger meta series?

Think meta as in historical meta narrative.

For example each book its own story with different cast. But each book exists at some point in a larger timeline over decades.

Ex. Magic has always been there, it just went into hiding until the dream world merged with the real into a mass tulpa.
#1 - February 25, 2016, 01:32 PM
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:44 PM by SarahW »
Mr. Clocktime, or The Man In The Top Hat -- MG Para Psychological -- Short Story

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canorthcentral
I use a binder with pockets to tuck in notes, etc.  I keep pages for kid and adult character descriptions, setting, pets, rough map with city names, and other details. It helps a lot when I can't remember what color eyes a character has. I also include details like favorite colors, birthdates and middle-names.  Good luck.
#2 - February 27, 2016, 01:06 PM
Author of SNOW DOG, SAND DOG, THE SEER, DEAD GIRL, CURIOUS CAT SPY CLUB & in 2016: CA$H KAT
www.LindaJoySingleton.com
twitter.com/LindaJoySinglet

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
I use a binder with pockets to tuck in notes, etc.  I keep pages for kid and adult character descriptions, setting, pets, rough map with city names, and other details. It helps a lot when I can't remember what color eyes a character has. I also include details like favorite colors, birthdates and middle-names.  Good luck.

Great ideas, LindaJoy. I think your suggestions are useful even for working on a stand alone novel with several characters/details to keep track of.
#3 - February 27, 2016, 09:24 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canorthcentral
Of course, when I forget a detail in an earlier book that isn't in my series binder, I just go to the manuscript still in my laptop and do a word search. I'll start the 5th CURIOUS CAT SPY CLUB mystery in a few weeks and there will be lots of details (names, descriptions, etc) to keep straight. Always a challenge.
#4 - February 27, 2016, 09:44 PM
Author of SNOW DOG, SAND DOG, THE SEER, DEAD GIRL, CURIOUS CAT SPY CLUB & in 2016: CA$H KAT
www.LindaJoySingleton.com
twitter.com/LindaJoySinglet

I'll be sure to try that, thanks.

Just drew a map for a new series.
#5 - March 20, 2016, 03:30 AM
Mr. Clocktime, or The Man In The Top Hat -- MG Para Psychological -- Short Story

Members: