Author Topic: Help with meta series  (Read 4747 times)

Offline SarahW

• Poster Plus
  • The extraordinary in the ordinary.
    • Corao Island Novella
Help with meta series
« on: February 25, 2016, 01:32 PM »
I ended up creating inadvertently a meta series: Nymphs Of Winter Fire, The Hatchling Song, and Uploaded Fairy.

Now it is looking like I have a forth novelette coming up that is a direct sequel to uploaded fairy.

How do I create a bible that keeps tracks of this larger meta series?

Think meta as in historical meta narrative.

For example each book its own story with different cast. But each book exists at some point in a larger timeline over decades.

Ex. Magic has always been there, it just went into hiding until the dream world merged with the real into a mass tulpa.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:44 PM by SarahW »
Mr. Clocktime, or The Man In The Top Hat -- MG Para Psychological -- Short Story

Offline LindaJoy

• Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canorthcentral
  • Linda Joy Singleton author of SNOW DOG, SAND DOG
    • Author of THE SEER (YA psychic series)
Re: Help with meta series
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 01:06 PM »
I use a binder with pockets to tuck in notes, etc.  I keep pages for kid and adult character descriptions, setting, pets, rough map with city names, and other details. It helps a lot when I can't remember what color eyes a character has. I also include details like favorite colors, birthdates and middle-names.  Good luck.
Author of SNOW DOG, SAND DOG, THE SEER, DEAD GIRL, CURIOUS CAT SPY CLUB & in 2016: CA$H KAT
www.LindaJoySingleton.com
twitter.com/LindaJoySinglet

Offline Jayca

• Global Moderator
  • Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 09:24 PM »
I use a binder with pockets to tuck in notes, etc.  I keep pages for kid and adult character descriptions, setting, pets, rough map with city names, and other details. It helps a lot when I can't remember what color eyes a character has. I also include details like favorite colors, birthdates and middle-names.  Good luck.

Great ideas, LindaJoy. I think your suggestions are useful even for working on a stand alone novel with several characters/details to keep track of.

Offline LindaJoy

• Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canorthcentral
  • Linda Joy Singleton author of SNOW DOG, SAND DOG
    • Author of THE SEER (YA psychic series)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 09:44 PM »
Of course, when I forget a detail in an earlier book that isn't in my series binder, I just go to the manuscript still in my laptop and do a word search. I'll start the 5th CURIOUS CAT SPY CLUB mystery in a few weeks and there will be lots of details (names, descriptions, etc) to keep straight. Always a challenge.
Author of SNOW DOG, SAND DOG, THE SEER, DEAD GIRL, CURIOUS CAT SPY CLUB & in 2016: CA$H KAT
www.LindaJoySingleton.com
twitter.com/LindaJoySinglet

Offline SarahW

• Poster Plus
  • The extraordinary in the ordinary.
    • Corao Island Novella
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 03:30 AM »
I'll be sure to try that, thanks.

Just drew a map for a new series.
Mr. Clocktime, or The Man In The Top Hat -- MG Para Psychological -- Short Story