The 2016 SCBWI Florida Mid-Year Workshop is full of awesome comprehensives and workshops, and is the perfect excuse for a Disney vacation. It's at the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel on June 10-11, 2016.
NEW!!! TWO-DAY COMPREHENSIVE Presented by JONATHAN MABERRY and LORIN OBERWEGER, this hands-on, two-day workshop is for experienced novelists who have several scenes of a finished novel or WIP. ***Sign up soon if you're interested. There are only a few spots left!
FRIDAY, JUNE 10 – COMPREHENSIVES 9 AM to 5 PM
· Illustrator Comprehensive: Presented by DAN SANTAT, CHAD BECKERMAN, and LAURENT LINN this course is specifically designed for illustrators only. Come learn the ins and outs of creating stunning, memorable artwork for children’s books in a close-knit, hands-on setting. Limited to 15 participants
· Picture Book Comprehensive: Presented by JIM AVERBECK and TRACEY ADAMS, this course is for those wanting a hands-on course on the fine points of writing and revising picture books. Limited to 25 participants
SATURDAY, JUNE 11 – WORKSHOP TRACKS 9 AM to 4 PM
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TRACKS. Note: you must remain in your selected workshop track all day.
· Picture Book Track: Presented by LAURENT LINN, FRED KOEHLER, and MEREDITH MUNDY
· Middle Grade Track: Presented by JIM AVERBECK, TRACEY ADAMS, and LINDA SUE PARK
· Young Adult Track: Presented by MARTHA BROCKENBROUGH, ANNETTE POLLERT-MORGAN, and JOSH ADAMS
· Graphic Novel Track: Presented by DAN SANTAT and CHAD BECKERMAN
· Chapter Book Track: Presented by BONNIE BADER and NANCY KRULIK
Click this link for full conference and registration info: http://florida.scbwi.org/2016/03/10/2016-mid-year-workshops-information/