SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Rutger's One on One 2017 Attendees - Dinner?

Discussion started on

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
Hi all!  Deb S. was kind enough to let me know some of the 2016 Rutgers folks organized a dinner get-together the Friday evening before the conference...perhaps we could do the same this year? Unless I missed a post/thread somewhere? I don't know how long and/or how timely my own attendance would be at this dinner seeing as how I'm arriving in NJ with a three month old in tow (haha!!) but I sure would like to meet some of you :)

Best,
Eugenia

www.eugeniasozzi.com
#1 - September 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
Eugenia Sozzi, Fiction Writer

Web Site: http://www.eugeniasozzi.com/
Twitter: @EugeniaSozzi

Hi Eugenia, Congrats on your Rutgers acceptance! I look forward to meeting you and your 3 month old! In the past, since most RUCCL attendees have stayed over Friday night at the Hilton East Brunswick Hotel (3 Tower Center Boulevard, East Brunswick, NJ), it made sense to meet in the hotel restaurant. The last two years we had a large table and people dropped in as they arrived, so it was kind of loose and informal. One year we had a private dining room, but I believe that option is no longer available. As we get closer to October 21, hopefully we'll be able to get a rough head count to make a reservation.  In any case, I'll be there!
#2 - September 08, 2017, 08:06 AM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
Great, thanks Jeffrey!
#3 - September 15, 2017, 06:13 PM

Hi!  I'm late posting but I'd love to meet up with you guys.  Unfortunately, my husband and I have plans the night before the conference.   If you decide to do a post conference dinner or drinks, I'd be up for that.   Looking forward to meeting you!  It's my first year attending so I'm really excited!
#4 - October 04, 2017, 08:40 PM
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:00 AM by anne-corkery »

I'm a first time attendee to Rutgers one on one and would love to meet up with all of you on Friday night.  Will look for info in the coming weeks. Also has anyone heard who they will be paired with? 
#5 - October 06, 2017, 07:39 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Moderator
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
I'm a first time attendee to Rutgers one on one and would love to meet up with all of you on Friday night.  Will look for info in the coming weeks. Also has anyone heard who they will be paired with? 

You don't find out until you get there.
#6 - October 06, 2017, 09:06 PM

So far four Blueboarders/SCBWI members are in for a Friday night dinner before RUCCL.

1. Eugenia Sozzi
2. Jeff Faville
3. Rich Zahradnik
4.  Stephanie Feuer

Anyone else? Please let us know so we can make a reservation.
#7 - October 09, 2017, 08:50 AM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Glad to see there are dinner plans in the works!
Count us in!
T.J. Resler
Susie McCauley

In the past, we've met in the restaurant at the Hilton East Brunswick. Is that the plan? Time?
#8 - October 15, 2017, 11:27 AM

Hey TJ! I remember you from previous RUCCLs.

I'll call to reserve a table at the Blossom Restaurant in the Hilton East Brunswick. Does 7:00  pm work for everyone? I'll also let them know people will be arriving  at different times and ask for separate checks.

Here is the list so far:
1. Eugenia Sozzi
2. Jeff Faville
3. Rich Zahradnik
4.  Stephanie Feuer
5. T.J. Resler
6. Susie McCauley
#9 - October 16, 2017, 10:36 AM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
Hi all - I’m sorry, but it looks like I will probably be unable to make it to dinner Fri night  after all :(  baby is having a tough time sleep training and we would have to leave on Thur to make it to Friday’s dinner - if we hope to preserve some measure of sanity and ability to put two logical sentences together for the big day Saturday.....haha sigh 🙄 hopefully I will meet some of you at the conference! :)
#10 - October 17, 2017, 08:37 AM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Eugenia - Sorry you'll miss dinner--been there with the babies! Dinner is really flexible, so if you can make it at the last minute, please join. Otherwise, we'll look for you Saturday!

Jeff - Thanks for organizing. 7 p.m. sounds great. I'm looking forward to seeing you again!
TJ
#11 - October 17, 2017, 02:06 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Hey, Eugenia -
I just noticed you're a Mid-Atlantic member. Whereabouts? I'm in DC.
TJ
#12 - October 17, 2017, 02:11 PM

WOW! I can't believe RUCCL is in two days.  FYI, I made a reservation at the Blossom Restaurant for 7:00 pm. They are setting up a long, quiet table in back for us, and understand that we will arrive at different times over the course of the evening.  They are also aware that each of us will have separate checks.  Any Blueboarders or SCBWI members or RUCCL attendees in the area are welcome to stop by. and chat kidlit.

I'm  looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone!
#13 - October 18, 2017, 04:30 PM

Thanks for  making the reservation, Jeffrey.  See you then.
#14 - October 19, 2017, 11:22 AM

Members: