SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

looking for digital illustration course or teacher in Wacom Intuos in San Deigo

Discussion started on

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
Hi! everybody!

I´m Gabriela new in this spaces, now I´m looking for a digital illustration with Wacon Intuos course, workshop or teacher in San Diego for this fall?
I´m open to any time and days

thank so much!
Gabriela
#1 - September 22, 2017, 08:58 PM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I think she's in LA area, not San Diego, but Deborah Norse Lattimore is an amazing instructor in both illustration and writing for children. You may want to check out her courses to see if any might be close to you.
#2 - September 23, 2017, 02:36 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
Ana, I self taught with my wacom Cintiq (if I can do it anyone can, believe me:)  and there are a great number of youtube video's on tablet Illustration. Also on the Wacom site itself.  Lynda.com offers a number of on-line courses as well, for example https://www.lynda.com/Art-Illustration-tutorials/Wacom-Essential-Training-Revision/546063-2.html
I'm afraid I don't have a name of a local teacher but you might take a look at colleges in your area that allow for evening lessons (not credited courses) Problem is most will be for design. If you can find a college that offers animation courses, they may have something.
#3 - September 23, 2017, 03:00 AM
"Penelope and the Humongous Burp"
"Penelope and the Monsters"
"Penelope and the Preposterous Birthday Party"

Members: