SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Question

Discussion started on

HERE I AM
New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region southern-breeze
 :help2 I am a member of SCBWI and also an award-winning, self-published children's book author. I would like to know what venues you all use for author bio and book marketing. I am on Goodreads, Shelfari/Amazon, Facebook, own website (www.specialneedspublications.org), and Mom's Choice Awards website.
I feel like I am missing a huge market to place author bio and *about book*. Thanks for your help!  :grouphug2

P.S. I cannot figure out the avatar thing. I have a picture of my character, but I do not see where to upload in my profile.
#1 - January 03, 2016, 05:38 PM
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:32 PM by Susie »

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Welcome to the Blueboards, Susan!

You might get more response to your question if you asked it on the Social Media board--this one is mostly just for introductions, and many people might not notice it here. Here's a link: http://www.scbwi.org/boards/index.php?board=219.0
#2 - January 03, 2016, 06:02 PM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Welcome, Susie! :welcome The Blueboard is a great place to get helpful advice from other writers and illustrators. We'll look forward to your contributions also. It all adds to making this a wonderful, supportive community.

A tiny tip. You can put your book title and author website in your signature line here on the Blueboard and it will show up every time you make a post. The same thing goes for using your book cover as your avatar. We try not to do a lot of promoting here on the BB, because we really want this to be primarily a community, but those two little things are perfectly acceptable and nobody considers that as pushy promoting.

Best wishes to you!
#3 - January 03, 2016, 06:07 PM

HERE I AM
New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
Marissa, thank you. I will crosspost.
EV, I only see that I can change my name in my user profile. I do not see how to do a signature line otherwise, and I cannot find where to place an avatar. :/
#4 - January 03, 2016, 06:21 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI RA
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region cencal
Near the top of the board there is a button called Profile.  Click that, then click forum profile.  From there you can add an avatar (picture) and a signature line where you can include your publications, etc.
#5 - January 03, 2016, 06:27 PM
Rebecca Langston-George
The Booth Brothers: Drama, Fame & the Death of Lincoln
Capstone: September 1, 2017

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
To add an avatar: go to the Main Menu and choose Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile and there will be an option to upload an avatar.

To add a signature line at the bottom of your posts: go to Main Menu and choose Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile. There will be a place to add a signature line as well as a personal text to go with your avatar.

I hope that helps--you can use the Contact a Moderator button if you need assistance.
#6 - January 03, 2016, 06:30 PM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Susie, if you click on Profile at the top of the board, then Forum Profile, and then Modify Profile, you'll arrive at a place where you can upload a file for your avatar and a place where you can write what you want to be in your signature.

Crossposted with Rebecca and now Marissa.  :grin3
#7 - January 03, 2016, 06:30 PM

HERE I AM
New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
Got it. Thank you!
#8 - January 03, 2016, 06:37 PM

Members: