Author Topic: Day by Day  (Read 107657 times)

Borboleta

Re: Day by Day
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 05:40 AM »
Finish chapter...

Offline inluvwithwords

• Member.
  • Poster Plus
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 07:39 AM »
Find a new market for the sub that came back rejected this morning.

Offline greeneyes

• Poster Plus
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 05:12 AM »
I got the two pages done, now today's task is to do two more!

Borboleta

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 06:17 AM »
I didn't finish chapter, so I will work on that today.

Borboleta

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2008, 12:20 PM »
Still working on that chapter... :writing

Offline Brenda

• Member.
  • Poster Plus
  • Coffee! Give me COFFEE!
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2008, 02:22 PM »
I stopped setting goals a long time ago.  There was a time when I set goals and actually achieved many of them. Still the big agents and editors rejected my stories.  All that hard work and dedication was useless.

Now I write what I want, when I can and I gotta tell ya, it's a lot less stressful. Writing is fun again.

Good luck to all of you sticking to your plans!

BeeBee

Offline writercat

• Member.
  • Poster Plus
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2008, 02:35 PM »
After 2 years of by-the-seat-of-my-pantsing, I made a 15-page outline. My new goal is to get my scenes on index cards so I can see more clearly if there are any holes.
I'll be glad when I figure out "my" process -- and smooth out the system that is going to work best for me!!
YA reader and writer
Blueboard member since 2008

Borboleta

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 04:12 PM »
Tonight (where did the day go?  :hamster)  I am putting together my submission for another writing /critique group I have joined. When I am not by myself in front of the proverbial blank page, I like to be around people who LOVE writing!

Borboleta

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2008, 09:08 AM »
Today's Goal: Get 2 new pages on paper! (NO MATTER WHAT!!) :cheerleader

Offline lynnek

• Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
  • SCBWI PAL
    • Lynne Kelly, author
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2008, 10:27 AM »
My goal today is to write a first draft of my 13th chapter. Too often lately I've put off the writing of a chapter until right before a critique meeting, so it ends up looking too first-draftish for a critique. If I can get it drafted today, I can revise tomorrow and Wednesday to have it ready for critique Wednesday evening.

:hamster

Borboleta

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 06:18 AM »
Today I just need to make sure I pack my bag for tomorrow with my notebook, lots of pens, and a MS I am reading for a critique group buddy. Tomorrow my sweet-man is going in for major back surgery. SO scary! :sad

Borboleta

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 10:24 AM »
Got my maaaaaaaaan back home from the hospital safe & sound  :love...so today's goal is to dive back in to my WIP.

Offline lynnek

• Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
  • SCBWI PAL
    • Lynne Kelly, author
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Got that 13th chapter finished that I mentioned last week, so today I want to at least get down a draft of 14. My critique group is meeting early this week-- tomorrow instead of Wednesday, so it may not be ready for the meeting, but I aim to figure out what's going to happen next and get it drafted today. I also need to write an article for our SCBWI newsletter and email that to our ARA, and brainstorm a few ideas about a presentation a few of us are doing about the critique process at a meeting next month.

Plus laundry and an invoice for my "day job." Sure could use that extra hour back.

Borboleta

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2008, 08:26 AM »
I am meeting with two different critique groups next week (Monday and Tuesday nights) so I need to read submissions and to move forward with my own WIP.

Borboleta

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2008, 12:48 PM »
Moving forward steadily today...

Offline greeneyes

• Poster Plus
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2008, 03:06 PM »
500 words today.  That seems to be all I can get accomplished lately.   ???

Borboleta

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 10:08 AM »
After 12 days of helping my guy recover from major back surgery, I am back at the dreaded day job.   Today I am working a RIDICULOUS schedule (8am to ~11pm) so my humble goal is to sneak in a few revisions for my critique group submission for this Thursday.

And yes......I am looking for another less soul-sucking day job. :grrr

Gabby

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2008, 07:15 AM »
Borboleta, you are an inspiration.  :pickflowers

We won't discuss my progress .. or lack thereof ... it's Spring Break.    :neck

Borboleta

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2008, 11:48 AM »
Thank you BirdyWords for your kind words!!  You deserve all the credit - you started this thread...Happy Spring!  :woo
(BTW today my goal is to review notes from my critque group & then type a few new words...I'm dragging, too.)

Borboleta

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2008, 11:41 AM »
Moving forward with WIP and trying to focus a bit more on 'setting' (based on  some feedback from my critique groups!) :writing3

Borboleta

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2008, 07:27 PM »
I knew I wouldn't get any writing done if I went straight home from work tonight. Happy to report that I went to Starbuck's instead and got some work done! :coffee

Borboleta

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2008, 12:41 PM »
Creeping forward...word by word.   :clock

Gabby

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2008, 06:39 AM »
Borboleta, you're terrific!

Okay, I'm on board today. My plans for the day are working on Chapters 4 and 5. I'm in the revision/fleshing out phase ... some of my rough draft chapters are errrr... a paragraph long.  I fixed an inconsistency and that's causing some rewriting in both chapters. Plus Chapt. 5 wasn't that strong to begin with.

Borboleta

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2008, 10:32 AM »
 :thankyou BirdyWords...I am still plowing through my first draft.  (My larger goal is to have it completed by August 1, 2008) Today I need to put my editor hat aside & get two more pages done without worrying about how "good" they are. (Not always easy to do!) 

Borboleta

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Going to Starbuck's tonight after work - will glue my butt to the chair and write from 7:30pm to 10:30pm (NYC time!) :cappuccino

Borboleta

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 06:00 AM »
There's a section (okay, a few) in my WIP that are just not working at the moment. Today I am going to read this part aloud, and see if that helps me! :writing3

Borboleta

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Haven't posted in a while...besides I'm usually the only posting on this thread (good thing I'm shameless  :lol2)

However, the really good news is that every since my dear writing group  gently suggested I cut out the edit-as-I-go style of writing, my WIP has really been flowing! Every time I am tempted to go back and "fiddle", I just write down a note about it instead & keep moving!

Offline greeneyes

• Poster Plus
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2008, 06:00 PM »
I'm going to get back in the habit of posting to this thread in the hopes it will help discipline/motivate me.

1000 words last night, aiming for 1000 (or more!) again tonight.

Borboleta

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2008, 06:00 AM »
I am taking my laptop with me today so I can go straight to a coffee shop after work and write. My minimum word count goal is 500 words for tonight. (Thanks for coming back on the thread, Greeneyes!)

Offline greeneyes

• Poster Plus
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2008, 03:02 PM »
Glad to be back Borboleta!  Thanks for hanging in there and maintaining the thread!

Okay, got about 1300 words done last night, will aim for 1000 again tonight with the hopes that I can exceed it again.