SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

agentquery.com

Discussion started on

KPD

I've found agentquery.com really helpful in researching agents.
Another thing I've found even more helpful is this board and everyone's comments on it, btw. It's been so great.  :grouphug
So...has anyone else used agentquery?
Sorry if I'm resurrecting an old topic. I didn't see anything recent.
#1 - March 07, 2008, 01:51 PM

Books for Kids and Teens
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
Yes, agentquery is a well-used resource by people on this board.  :oncomputer 
#2 - March 07, 2008, 02:12 PM

Agentquery has been around for quite some time now.  Does anyone else think that the individual agent pages are getting a bit outdated? I always check the agents website (if they have one) and there are times when the submission instructions differ.

BeeBee
#3 - March 07, 2008, 06:05 PM

Dianalynn79

Agentquery has been around for quite some time now.  Does anyone else think that the individual agent pages are getting a bit outdated? I always check the agents website (if they have one) and there are times when the submission instructions differ.

BeeBee

I was thinking the same thing that the pages were getting a bit outdated. It needs some MAJOR updating, but I still find it the most useful site there is. A lot of agents need to be added to the database. My new love is Litmatch.net. On the front page, I always look to see who has an updated page.
#4 - March 07, 2008, 07:44 PM

The individual agent pages on agentquery.com are outdated but I have to admit I used agentquery A LOT in my agent search.  However, it was just a jumping off point, mainly to get the names of agents who repped YA.  I still did research after getting the names and didn't rely solely on the agentquery info.
#5 - March 07, 2008, 10:38 PM

lindsay

Same for me. It's an invaluable tool, but I always did my research just to make sure
#6 - March 08, 2008, 06:31 AM

Members: