Author Topic: My story, your story, we all story for our story!  (Read 3490 times)

RyanBruner

My story, your story, we all story for our story!
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:27 AM »
Okay.  New round.  This is like the previous thread (you know, the mishmash of events involving Pookie and friends?)

----------------

Suzie Wadsworth had just officially become the wealthiest eight-year-old in the world, thanks in part to the simultaneous deaths of both her parents, and to the fact she was born in a country that didn't believe in withholding her inheritance until she turned eighteen.  And the thing is, Suzie was fine it with.  She didn't really like her parents because, well, she didn't really know her parents all that well. 

Offline Artemesia

• Official Shenaniganizer
  • Administrator
  • Poster Plus
  • Administrator
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadawest
  • It's a bird! It's a plane! It's..oh, it IS a bird.
Re: My story, your story, we all story for our story!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 06:13 PM »
Suzie had a feeling her parents hadn't really liked her all that much, either. Instead of cake and ice cream on her birthday, she got tofu and pickled onions. When she wanted to go see Hannah Montana, she got tickets to Raffi. When she asked to spend the summer outdoors, they made her weed the mansion's 90 acre gardens. Just a bunch of little things that all added up. But hey, they were dead and she was rich!!
:chicken KPC#1: Let's Get Cracking! #2: Bok! Bok! Boom! #3: The Birdy Snatchers OUT NOW!! #4: Heroes On The Side DEC 2014

http://cyndimarko.com

JohnH

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:32 AM »
But Suzie wasn't allowed the fairy tale ending she felt she deserved for walking up the perfectly manicured, topiary laden, half a mile long driveway was her twin brother Ralphie. Ralphie had been away so long that she had forgotten he had existed. And so did the courts as they issued the total of the inheritance to Suzie. Ralphie was returning from military school, where he excelled in violence and brutality all concealed under his boyish demeanor. Suzie's plans were quickly crumbling with every step Ralphie took as he neared their family home. His face etched with a marked determination.
"Where are they?" He asked through gritted teeth.
She quivered.
"Did you bury them?"
Suzie nodded.
"In the backyard I assume?"
Suzie nodded again, as Ralphie turned to walk away he snarled "Next time, look at me when I talk to you or you will start a war you have no hope of winning."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 10:29 AM by Keoni »

Offline Pons

• Poster Plus
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 01:06 PM »
Suzie watched Ralphie stomp down the path toward the garage.  Then she turned to her attorney. "Is this going to be a problem?" she asked.
"I don't think so," he said.
"Good." With a beach towel over her arm and blond curls bouncing on her shoulders, Suzie skipped off toward the pool.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:20 AM by Pons »

Offline Artemesia

• Administrator
  • Poster Plus
  • Administrator
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:22 AM »
But Ralphie suspected what no one else did; Suzie was responsible for the death of their parents. He had come home from military school to prove it. Everyone thought Ralphie was crazy, but he just liked to fight. He knew Suzie was the one concealing a twisted, sick mind.
:chicken KPC#1: Let's Get Cracking! #2: Bok! Bok! Boom! #3: The Birdy Snatchers OUT NOW!! #4: Heroes On The Side DEC 2014

RyanBruner

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 09:38 AM »
Suzie fixed her goggles securely over her eyes, took three giant steps, bounded twice, then did a quadruple backflip off the high board.  The splash was virtually non-existent.  Her attorney stood watching the whole thing, then waited for her to rise to the top of the water.  Ten seconds passed, then twenty, then forty, then a minute.  He glanced over the edge of the pool and into the water, but she was gone!

JohnH

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 04:20 PM »
Unknown to everyone, the house was layered with secret hidden passages. One such passage was concealed in the deep end of the pool.
Suzie emerged inside the house and ascended a narrow and concealed stairway to one of the belfries. From there she donned one her dads many inventions, the M31 googles (M as in Magnificent, 31 as in 31 applications). She watched her brother in the distant corner of the backyard where the family graveyard add grown by two.

Offline rcpjallen

• Member.
  • Poster Plus
    • crystalallenbooks.com
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Ralphie's return was a problem.  A big problem.  The fear of his presence forcing an unwanted court battle over the money caused Suzie to hyperventilate.  The excessive breathing fogged her goggles and revealed a message across the lenses she hadn't seen until now.

"The graves are hollow. We're still here."
How Lamar's Bad Prank Won A Bubba-Sized Trophy (Balzar & Bray, 02-2011)
The Laura Line (Balzar & Bray, 04-2013)
http://www.crystalallenbooks.com

JohnH

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 07:23 PM »
Suzie grimaced at the message.
The graveyard was an underground labyrinth of secret passage ways. Ralphie knew this. Suzie did not.
Ralphie was in the far corner of the yard with shovel in hand. Eenie Meenie Minie Mo. "That one!" He began to dig. Soon his breath grew heavy. His arms and shoulders became sore. "She always loved her prized rose brushes more than she loved me." Ralphie was feverishly digging up his mother's most favorite of all rose brushes, the rare "Purple Rose of Cairo". It had won her much publicity in the international gardening and rosegarden subculture circles. Her reported death was a boon to rose gardeners everywhere. With one last thrust of the shovel blade, a dull cling sounded. Ralphie began to sweep away the dirt to reveal a hatch door.
"Open up!" He stomped his military boots against the metal door. "I know you are in there!"
He continued to stomp until he grew tired. Then he banged his fists on the door. "Open up! You can't hide from me."
A light came on from inside the hatch.
The door unlocked.
The hatch door lifted up to reveal Ralpie's identical twin brother Rickie. "Good see you survived military school Ralphie." Rickie said with a smile.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 07:24 PM by Keoni »

Offline Artemesia

• Administrator
  • Poster Plus
  • Administrator
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 03:17 PM »
"Hi, Rickie," Ralphie said, and returned the smile. Nobody knew Mrs Wadsworth had actually given birth to triplets, not twins. Rickie had been born with a cleft palette and a club foot. Mr and Mrs Wadsworth had been so concerned about Rickie's appearance and how it would look to high society, that they had hidden the baby boy away. They hadn't bothered with him since his birth, and had no idea of the remarkable genius their unwanted son possessed. Ralphie had stumbled upon the underground passageways when he was five, and had discovered the existence of his brother. He had kept the knowledge to himself, and visited Rickie whenever he could. Now that their parents were dead, Ralphie wanted Rickie to take his proper place in the family. Suzie, as always, would pose a problem.

JohnH

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 09:01 AM »
"I'm glad you answered the call. I wasn't sure who would. There are so few of us left." Rickie said.
"Suzie is a devious villain, and a cunning sister." Ralphie replied.
"I'm hoping others will arrive. It'll take our combined efforts to overthrow her." Rickie continued.
"I'm not in this to overthrow that tyrannical snot, I'm taking her down once and for all." Ralphie insisted.

RyanBruner

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 05:42 AM »
But Suzie, never knowing she had a second brother, had always felt there was a giant hole in her life for some reason.  She searched everywhere she could to find the reason, even spending 3 years in therapy, and reading fiction and non-fiction alike that seemed to touch on this possibility.  Like The Thirteenth Tale, for example.  But Suzie ultimately couldn't shake the feeling that her life's story had become nothing but one long piece of exposition.  It was time to edit her life.  To cut out the pieces that didn't matter.  To make others actually care about her.

Offline Aimee W.

• is kooky.
  • Poster Plus
  • MADNESS
    • Amazon Author Page
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 05:31 AM »
It wasn't her fault that no one liked her. It wasn't like she set out to make that happen. So what if her facial muscles were partially paralyzed and she wasn't able to smile. She still liked hearing people tell jokes. She still laughed, even if it was more of a squeak. That awful cramp she often got between her eyebrows made her look angry, people said, but she wasn't. Her parents had even made her go to Clown Camp last summer to try and "cheer her up" a little, but they only succeeding in getting on her nerves again. A girl can only tolerate so many squirting flower rings.
"The mind is everything. What you think, you become." ~Buddha   

Blog - http://yarghing.com

ralphwiggum

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 07:39 PM »
But then Suzie realized she was extremely rich because there were
twice as many WadsMart stores as Walmarts. She decided that sharing
the fortune with Ralphie wouldn't be such a bad idea, so  she arranged
to meet him to discuss a  fair way to divide up the money.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 07:41 PM by ralphwiggum »

Offline Anthony

• Member.
  • Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
  • You know, for kids!
    • Anthony Piraino
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 10:23 AM »
And meet him she did, on the battlefield of their front lawn, where Ralphie and Ricky had assembled an army of clowns from among the Clown Camp alumni. "Sister Suzie," he said, "The time has come for a reckoning. Clowns! Set your Squirting Flower Rings to KILL!"