"There are just not enough hours in the day..."
Do you say this to yourself often? I do! Then join us! Steal some magical quiet hours in the early morning (or late at night) to WORK!EARLY RISER TIPS:
- Set the alarm for 5 min before the target work-time. (pref before family wakes up) Commit to this hr for the week. (5 days)
- Prep the coffee maker (or teapot) so all it takes is a push or turn in the morning.
- Have inspirational wake-up music ready to play on computer. (after a while, you will skip this and get to work ASAP)
- Sleep an hour earlier than usual. DVR your regular late night shows. Dream about all the work you'll get done!
- No emailing anyone, but your Early-Riser buddy (if you have one). I do. I email Arty and Ro to make SURE they are up. Accountability is key. But checking in on the boards is great, too! (Find an early riser buddy in your own time zone for x-treme commitment)
- No surfing the web. (Not even here! Just check in, and go!) No reading the news, either.
-STRAIGHT TO WORK!
CHECK IN here in the morning. Post what you've accomplished in the hour (or two) here after. Word count is not important. Sometimes, thinking or mulling over something is equally productive. Warning: Inspiration may strike at this hour.
Try it just for a week! You will be amazed at how much you'll get done. Your body will naturally adjust. I stopped using an alarm clock after 3 days. I'm on my 2nd wk and can't believe I've slept through these valuable hrs all of these years.
If you're ready to commit, declare it here and now! Your brain will help you do the rest. Seriously.
Get to working! I'm not only the Early Risers President, but I'm also a client!