Author Topic: Online Webinar - Focus on YA - includes query critique from agent  (Read 937 times)

Offline marielamba

• Poster Plus
Hi everyone!

I'm looking forward to offering a new online webinar through Writer's Digest titled Focus on Young Adult Fiction: Writing a Strong Young Adult Novel and Crafting the Query Letter

The webinar runs live June 23rd (but can be viewed later, if you can't catch it live), includes a Q&A with me, and afterwards I will then personally critique each participant's YA query letter, and send along my thoughts and suggestions.

Registration is now open. For info and to register, you can go here: http://bit.ly/1OohdiN

A bit about me: I'm a literary agent at The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency in NY, and I'm actively acquiring projects ranging from picture book, through middle grade, YA and adult. More about me, my submission interests, and the agency can be found here: http://www.jdlit.com/#!marie-lamba/c1odb

Let me know if you have any questions about the webinar, and I hope to "see" some of you there!

Marie
GREEN, GREEN (FSG pb '17)
DRAWN (YA)
OVER MY HEAD (YA)
WHAT I MEANT... (Random House YA)
*Agent at Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency
marielamba.com

Offline onestepp

• Member.
  • Poster Plus
  • I love kids' books!
Recently sent a lyrical PB to the Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency, which you work for, to Victoria Selvaggio.   How long does it normally take for a response about a submission?  Read over the submission guidelines  again and I'm not seeing any specific length of time to expect a response because I sent the PB in early April.      ::-)

Offline marielamba

• Poster Plus
Thanks for checking in!  Honestly, every agent has a different response time, and those times vary depending on what's going on. For example, if we've been away to a conference, not only is that time for queries to pile up, but once we return, we often have a slew of more queries to contend with. Plus there are times when we are exceptionally busy with existing clients.

One month isn't much time when it comes to waiting for a query response. I'd give it a few months before checking in with her to follow up.

DRAWN (YA)
OVER MY HEAD (YA)
marielamba.com

Offline onestepp

• Member.
  • Poster Plus
  • I love kids' books!
Thanks! and Happy Webinaring.     ::-) 

Offline marielamba

• Poster Plus
Thanks!
DRAWN (YA)
OVER MY HEAD (YA)
marielamba.com

Offline marielamba

• Poster Plus
Hi everyone!

Just a quick reminder that there's still time to register for the online webinar I'm offering next week through Writer's Digest titled Focus on Young Adult Fiction: Writing a Strong Young Adult Novel and Crafting the Query Letter. This may be a good fit if you are currently working on a YA novel and/or trying to get an agent for it.

The 90 minute webinar covers trends in YA, plus what is and is NOT YA material  in terms of age, point of view, length, story arc, etc. (as a Literary Agent at Jennifer De Chiara Literary - I see submitting writers trip up on these things all the time). I'll also cover how to write your best query letter, some insider tips on querying do's and don'ts, plus I'll critique your YA query letter afterwards. The webinar also includes a Q&A,

It runs live next Thursday, June 23rd (but can be viewed later, if you can't catch it live), and the cost is $89.99. For more info and to register, you can go here: http://bit.ly/1OohdiN

Thanks!
Marie

DRAWN (YA)
OVER MY HEAD (YA)
marielamba.com