Author Topic: Anyone Been to the Pacific Northwest Writers Conference?  (Read 328 times)

Offline Dianna Winget

• Member.
  • Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
  • SCBWI PAL
  • I love kids' books!
    • Dianna Dorisi Winget
Anyone Been to the Pacific Northwest Writers Conference?
« on: January 31, 2014, 03:20 PM »
I don't go to many conferences any more, but am seriously thinking of attending the PNWC in Seattle this July. Has anyone else attended? I think it's pretty highly regarded, and the biggest draw is the fact that my agent, Lara Perkins, will be there. We could finally meet.  :wow
A Smidgen of Sky (Harcourt 2012)
 A Million Ways Home (Scholastic 2014)
 www.diannawinget.com
Twitter@DiannaMWinget

Offline anita

• Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region epa
  • I love kids' books!
    • anita nolan website
Re: Anyone Been to the Pacific Northwest Writers Conference?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 07:25 PM »
I haven't been there, but it is highly regarded and they get a lot of agents/editors.

I was a finalist in their contest one year, and judged it for a couple of years. It's a good contest and if you plan on going to the conference, the perks of winning are pretty nice (when I was a finalist, I think the winning and/or finaling manuscripts or entries was available to the editors/agents over the course of the conference, and there was a reception for the winners/finalists with the agents and editors.) But it's been a few years since I was a finalist, and that could have changed. of course, living in PA, I couldn't get there that year, so didn't get to take full advantage of the perks.