Author Topic: Third Place Books Launch Event: Fast Fiction by Denise Jaden  (Read 305 times)

Offline denise

• Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • www.denisejaden.com
    • Denise Jaden
Third Place Books Launch Event: Fast Fiction by Denise Jaden
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:02 AM »
I've recently released a new book for writers: Fast Fiction: A Guide to Outlining and Writing a First Draft Novel in Thirty Days. Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park will be hosting a book launch event, including a talk and a signing, on Tuesday, March 18th at 7 PM.

About Fast Fiction:

Writers flock to National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) each November because it provides a procrastination-busting deadline. But only a fraction of the participants meet their goal. Denise Jaden was part of that fraction, writing first drafts of her two published young adult novels during NaNoWriMo. In Fast Fiction, she shows other writers how to do what she did, step-by-step, writer to writer. Her process starts with a prep period for thinking through plot, theme, characters, and setting. Then Jaden provides day-by-day coaching for the thirty-day drafting period. Finally, her revision tips help writers turn merely workable drafts into compelling and publishable novels.

A portion of publisher proceeds will be donated to National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

Fast Fiction is full of strategies and insights that will inspire and motivate writers of every experience level and best of all, it provides them with a solid plan to quickly complete the first draft of their next novel.
- Mindi Scott, author of Freefall

Hope to see you there!
www.denisejaden.com  
Losing Faith (Simon Pulse 2010)
Never Enough (Simon Pulse 2012)
Writing With A Heavy Heart (2012)
Fast Fiction (NWL 2014)

Offline MysteryRobin

• Global Moderator
  • Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
Re: Third Place Books Launch Event: Fast Fiction by Denise Jaden
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:43 AM »
Oh, that's my favorite bookstore!!! What a great event! I'll see if I can get some of my students there, too. I'm sure they'd love it!
Robin

Offline denise

• Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • www.denisejaden.com
    • Denise Jaden
Re: Third Place Books Launch Event: Fast Fiction by Denise Jaden
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 11:18 AM »
Thanks so much, Robin! I would love to see you (and your students) there!
www.denisejaden.com  
Losing Faith (Simon Pulse 2010)
Never Enough (Simon Pulse 2012)
Writing With A Heavy Heart (2012)
Fast Fiction (NWL 2014)