Author Topic: Any experience with and/or thoughts on Storybird?  (Read 262 times)

Offline Whizbee

• Poster Plus
    • Parker Peevyhouse
Any experience with and/or thoughts on Storybird?
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:23 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has experience publishing on Storybird and making money from either commissions or royalties. The site says,
"If you're agented, your literary agent can contact Storybird's Head of Editorial to discuss available commissions for an upcoming seasonal slate. If you're unagented, contact us for more information the kinds of stories we're seeking for upcoming seasonal slates."

I have a friend whose agent submitted a story of hers to their editorial staff but never got anywhere. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten through and can illuminate the process a little.

It appears that you can also post your story on their site and hope that it gets noticed so that you can be invited to a process that will monetize your story. But if you go this route, your story would need to match the illustrations provided on the site, I think.

Even if you don't have experience with this site, what are your thoughts on the possibilities for using the site as a professional author? Here's a link: http://help.storybird.com/customer/portal/topics/642318-professional-authors/articles

Futures (Penguin/Kathy Dawson Books, 2015)
www.parkerpeevyhouse.com
@parkerpeevy

Offline Kell

• Global Moderator
  • Poster Plus
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Member
    • Operation Awesome
Re: Any experience with and/or thoughts on Storybird?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 04:03 PM »
I haven't heard of it, but it sounds cool -- turning art into a story prompt and then a book. *will read more*
Deadwood, Spencer Hill Middle Grade, June 2014
kellandrews.com
operationawesome6.blogspot.com
twitter @kellandrewsPA