Art Spot winner Lisa Hancock
Please note: the submission process for Art Spot and regular Bulletin art submission is the same.
Each issue of the Bulletin features a winning “Art Spot” illustration. The art spot winner receives $100 for their winning piece. Each issue of the Bulletin also features many pieces of spot art submitted from members. Members receive $25 for each piece that is used. SCBWI retains only the first-time rights, the artist keeps all other rights to use the art. All SCBWI members are eligible to enter by submitting one or more spot illustrations following the guidelines below.
1. You must be a current SCBWI member to submit.
2. Illustrations should be emailed to email@example.com.
3. All digital files should be titled with the first and last name of the illustrator, followed by a number for multiple submissions. (i.e. “John_Doe1.jpg”)
4. Images should be 300 DPI, TIF or JPG files; total file size 5MB or less.
5. Grayscale or B&W files only
6. Art must be either line art or vignetted, not full-bleed art.
7. Do not mail your submission, SCBWI cannot be held responsible for art that is mailed.
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis. You will be notified if your art was selected by the first the month prior to the next Bulletin. Some art submissions that are not used immediately will be placed on a waiting list of a future bulletin. You will be notified as soon as the art will be used and a check will be issued.
Look through past Bulletins at feature articles to get ideas on what made that art effective.
Themes appropriate for the following departments and columns are welcome:
• News & Notes
• Legally Speaking
• Art Tips
• SCBWI International: Here, There, & Everywhere
• Book Review
• Publisher’s Corner
If you would like to submit an article to the bulletin please query: firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic of your story and a brief bio.