Book Launch Award
The Book Launch Award provides authors or illustrators with $2,000 in funds to help the promotion of their newly published work and take the marketing strategy into their own creative hands. One to two grants of up to $2,000 each will be awarded annually.
SCBWI reserves the right not to confer this award in any given year.
Check back soon–applications open on October 1.
Eligibility: You must be a current SCBWI member. PAL and Full members are eligible and must have a book with a publication date of 2021.
- Money from the grant may be used to promote your book including (but not limited to):
- Launch events
- Speaking engagements and book tours
- Curriculum materials
- Advertising, posters, postcards, and other promotional marketing materials
- Book trailers
- Website development
- Book donations to local schools and libraries
- School visits
- Grants will be awarded based on:
- Strong marketing and implementation plan
- Demonstrated need (e.g. your publishing house is not dedicating a lot of marketing money for your book)
- Quality and professionalism of your synopsis
- Winners must use the money in the first calendar year and provide SCBWI with documentation of grant money use.
- Submit one PDF document which includes the following:
- A cover letter with the name of your book, the publication date, and a short summary of the book. (One page)
- A short synopsis of why you are applying for this grant AND your marketing plan. Include details of how the money would be used. (Two pages max)
- Applications must not exceed THREE pages.
- Link to online submission portal will open on October 1.
Q. Are self-published authors eligible?
A. Yes. Full and PAL members may apply.
Q. Can I apply for a book that has been published prior to the current year?
A. No, the award is to provide a big marketing push in the year when the book is launched.
Questions? Please email Sarah Diamond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIEW PAST WINNERS