Crystal Kite Member Choice Awards
The annual Crystal Kite Award is a peer-given award to recognize great books from 15 SCBWI regional divisions around the world.
View the Crystal Kite Winners
Shop the #SCBWI22CK books HERE
- March 21 – Submission deadline.
- March 31 – Preview period closes.
- April 1 – Round 1 voting begins.
- April 14 (5pm PDT) – Round 1 voting ends.
- April 18 – Round 2 voting begins.
- April 30 (5pm PDT) – Round 2 voting ends.
- May 2023 – Winners announced.
- You must be a current member to nominate your book and at the time the award announcement is made.
- Nominated books must be a PAL book first published within the previous calendar year. Click here for more information on PAL publishers.
- Self-published books cannot be nominated.
- Enter your book by adding it to your publications on your member profile. More info on adding your books here.
- Indicate that you would like the book entered by checking the “Crystal Kite” box.
- We have strict anti-spamming rules. Once your book is entered you may promote the Award, but not your specific title, on social media and to personal friends. You may not:
- Send emails to people you do not know to promote your book.
- Use the SCBWI messaging system to promote your book.
- Use any SCBWI discussion board of listserv to promote your book.
- Doing any of these will immediately flag your book for deletion in the Crystal Kite Awards.
- Winners are announced in May in a press release and on the SCBWI website/social media. Winners receive a crystal, engraved kite award, an opportunity to present at a regional conference, a silver sticker for their winning book, and one winner will be chosen to present at the SCBWI Summer Conference.
- You must be a current member to vote.
- You may only vote once per voting round.
- Round 1: April 1 – April 15
- Round 2: April 18 – April 30
- You may only vote for a book that is in your own division (divisions below).
- Atlantic (Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Washington DC, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland)
- California, Hawaii
- Midsouth (Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana)
- Midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio)
- New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire. Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
- New York
- Southeast (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama)
- Southwest (Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Southern Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico)
- Texas, Oklahoma
- West (Washington, Northern Idaho, Oregon, Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota)
- Australia, New Zealand
- Europe, Latin America, Africa
- Middle East, India, Asia
- United Kingdom, Ireland
Check out the Crystal Kite FAQ page here, which includes voting instructions.
For social media posts, use #SCBWI22CK.
Further questions? Please email Christopher Cheng, our SCBWI Crystal Kite Member Choice Award Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIEW PAST WINNERS AND FINALISTS, and our growing Crystal Kite Photo Gallery.
For interviews with our winners, visit the SCBWI Blog here and here.
For Crystal Kite posters, go here.