Amber Brown Grant
The Amber Brown Grant commemorates author and beloved school speaker, Paula Danziger. One school is awarded each year with an author or illustrator visit and new books to continue Paula’s love of connecting children with creative influences.
SCBWI reserves the right not to confer this award in any given year.
- Any school can apply. You do not need to be a member to nominate a school.
- Applications must be filled out entirely and can only be submitted from November 1 – April 15.
- A statement of support from the nominated school’s principal.
- The winning school will be determined by an SCBWI committee and will be published in the SCBWI BUlletin and on the website, blog, and social platforms.
- One school will receive an all-expense-paid visit by a well-respected children’s author or illustrator. The chosen school will also receive a $250 stipend to create a memorable day and $250 worth of books by the visiting author/illustrator.
- Email applications to Kim Turrisi
Download the Amber Brown Grant application form HERE.
Send form via email to Kim Turrisi at email@example.com.
Please send a check to:
SCBWI Amber Brown Grant
6363 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 425
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Please click this donate button to donate via Paypal. On that page, select “Amber Brown Fund” in the dropdown field.
You can use the form below to make a donation online using your credit card.
[ s cbwi_donation_submission_sc donation_fund_name=”Amber Brown Fund” donation_fund_slug=”amber_brown_fund”]