Lee Bennett Hopkins Poetry Award
The Lee Bennett Hopkins Poetry Award recognizes and encourages the publication of an excellent book of poetry or anthology for children and/or young adults. This award for $1,000 is given every three years to a book of poetry originally published in English.
SCBWI reserves the right not to confer this award in any given year.
SUBMISSIONS OPEN. Deadline is March 15, 2022 (for books published in 2019, 2020, and 2021).
- You must be a current SCBWI member.
- The award will be given to a book of poetry originally published in English. It can be a book by an individual poet or poets or an anthology. Verse novels are not eligible nor are narrative story-form picture books (they should be entered in appropriate novel or picture book SCBWI award categories.) This award is intended specifically to recognize excellence in poetry.
- Some of the poems may have been previously published, but the majority of poems should be new.
- Mail one copy of your book to the address below.
- Include a cover letter with the following information:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Title of Book
- Publisher and Publication Date
- Additional Authors (if any)
SCBWI Lee Bennet Hopkins Poetry Award
6363 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 425
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Questions? Please email Sarah Diamond at email@example.com.