Lee Bennett Hopkins Poetry Award
The Lee Bennett Hopkins Poetry Award recognizes and encourages the publication of an excellent book of poetry or anthology for children and/or young adults. This award for $1,000 is given every three years to a book of poetry originally published in English.
SCBWI reserves the right not to confer this award in any given year.
- You must be a current SCBWI member.
- The award will be given to a book of poetry originally published in English. It can be a book by an individual poet or poets or an anthology. Verse novels are not eligible nor are narrative story-form picture books (they should be entered in appropriate novel or picture book SCBWI award categories.) This award is intended specifically to recognize excellence in poetry.
- Some of the poems may have been previously published, but the majority of poems should be new.
- Mail one copy of your book to the address below.
- Include a cover letter with the following information:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Title of Book
- Publisher and Publication Date
- Additional Authors (if any)
SCBWI Lee Bennet Hopkins Poetry Award
6363 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 425
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Questions? Please email Sarah Diamond at email@example.com.