Jane Yolen Mid-List Author Grant
Critically acclaimed children’s book author Jane Yolen created this grant to honor the contribution of mid-list authors. The grant awards $3,000 to mid-list authors and aims to help raise awareness about their current works-in-progress. Jane was the first SCBWI Regional Advisor and sat on the SCBWI Board of Advisors.
SCBWI reserves the right not to confer this award in any given year.
- You must be a current SCBWI member who has published at least two PAL books but has not sold anything for at least five years.
- Two winners will share the $3,000 grant. (Winners and/or runners-up are given at the discretion of SCBWI.)
- Winners will be announced at the SCBWI New York Winter Conference and featured in the Bulletin, on the SCBWI website, and on SCBWI social networks.
- Click to download the Jane Yolen Application and fill it out completely. EMAIL APPLICATIONS ONLY. Include your CAREER STATEMENT in the body of your email.
- career statement to submit. Please send your application to Sarah Diamond at email@example.com.
Questions? Please email Sarah Diamond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2019: Alethea Kontis and Tanuja Desai Hidier
- 2018: Pegi Deitz Shea, Cynthia Cotten, and Deb Lund
- 2016: Jan Peck, author of The Green Mother Goose
- 2015: Sallie Wolf and Karen Coombs
- 2014: Sanna Stanley, author-illustrator of works such as Monkey for Sale and Monkey Sunday
- 2013: Eve Feldman, author of Billy and Milly, Short and Silly, and Dog Crazy.
- 2012: Mary Whittington, author of Carmina Come Dance, The Patchwork Lady, Troll Games, and Winter’s Child