Deadline: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 to apply for Los Angeles Summer Conference
–Full tuition to main conference events including keynotes and breakout sessions. (Award does not include travel or hotel expenses.)
–Exclusive exposure to industry professionals at the conference.
–An SCBWI Conference advisor to help navigate the jammed-packed weekend.
LA Summer Conference: A full-day intensive workshop that gives attendees a chance to deep dive into their work-in-progress, under the expert guidance of an agent or editor
New York Winter Conference: Three intensive workshops to improve craft with top editors and agents.
1. You must be at least eighteen years old to apply.
2. All full-time students enrolled in an accredited educational institution are eligible to apply.
3. You must be an unpublished writer and cannot have a contract prior to receiving the scholarship. If you become under contract during the judging process you must withdraw your application.
One winner will be chosen from a graduate or doctoral program and one winner will be chosen from an undergraduate program.
Applicants are required to submit:
1. Short cover letter stating why you want to attend the conference and a synopsis of your work.
2. Five-page sample of a manuscript
3. Copy of your student ID
4. Letter of recommendation sent directly from a professor at your university.
5. Applications MUST BE electronically submitted as ONE PDF to Sarah Diamond. Letters of recommendation can be sent separately as a Word document.
6. Label the subject of the e-mail “First Name_Last Name Application”
In the event that a recipient cannot attend for any reason, the grant committee should be notified as soon as possible. The scholarship may, in that event, be awarded to another applicant. The grant is not transferrable and cannot be postponed. SCBWI reserves the right not to award the scholarship in any given year.
Questions? Contact the Grant Coordinator, Sarah Diamond