Deadline: January 30, 2021 to apply for 2021 Winter Conference
–Full tuition to the 2021 SCBWI Winter Conference (February 19–21), including access to all Zoom Keynote Conversations, the Editors Panel, the Agents Panel, Up-to-the-Minute Market Report, and behind the scene tours of New York publishing.
–Opportunity to submit the first 500 words of your children’s book manuscript to our Manuscript Gallery, which editors and agents will be invited to browse on February 21. More information HERE.
1. You must be at least eighteen years old to apply.
2. All full-time students enrolled in an accredited educational institution are eligible to apply.
3. You must be an unpublished writer and cannot have a contract prior to receiving the scholarship. If you become under contract during the judging process you must withdraw your application.
One winner will be chosen from a graduate or doctoral program and one winner will be chosen from an undergraduate program.
Applicants are required to submit:
1. Short cover letter stating why you want to attend the conference and a synopsis of your work.
2. Five-page sample of a manuscript
3. Copy of your student ID
4. Applications MUST BE electronically submitted as ONE PDF to Sarah Diamond.
5. Label the subject of the e-mail “First Name_Last Name Student Application”
In the event that a recipient cannot attend for any reason, the grant committee should be notified as soon as possible. The scholarship may, in that event, be awarded to another applicant. The grant is not transferrable and cannot be postponed. SCBWI reserves the right not to award the scholarship in any given year.
Questions? Contact the Grant Coordinator, Sarah Diamond