Student Writer Scholarship
The Student Writer Scholarship awards two students with full tuition to the SCBWI Summer or Winter Conference, as well as opportunities for critique from an industry professional.
SCBWI reserves the right not to award the scholarship in any given year.
- You must be at least eighteen years old to apply.
- All full-time students enrolled in an accredited educational institution are eligible to apply.
- You must be an unpublished writer and cannot have a contract prior to receiving the scholarship. If you become under contract during the judging process, you are responsible for informing us and withdrawing your application.
One winner will be chosen from a graduate or doctoral program and one winner will be chosen from an undergraduate program. Applicants are required to submit:
- Short cover letter stating why you want to attend the conference and a synopsis of your work.
- Five-page sample of a manuscript
- Copy of your student ID
- Applications MUST be electronically submitted as ONE PDF to Sarah Diamond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Label the subject of the email “First Name_Last Name Student Application”
In the event that a recipient cannot attend for any reason, the grant committee should be notified as soon as possible. The scholarship may, in that event, be awarded to another applicant. The grant is not transferrable and cannot be postponed.
Questions? Please email Sarah Diamond at email@example.com.