SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

How to find a critique group?

Discussion started on

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region minnesota
Hi all. I am very new here, and I have multiple picture book and board book manuscripts I am hoping to find a publishing home for. I see critique groups mentioned in several posts, but how do I find one? Is there a section of the website devoted to this? I apologize if this is a newbie question that gets asked a lot. You seem like a friendly bunch, and I appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction!
#1 - April 26, 2021, 01:39 PM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region dakotas
Hi Lisa! *waves from nearby ND* Yes, you can go to the critiques section of this board and poke through the threads. You may find someone wanting to organize a critique group (in which case you can ask to join). If not, then feel free to start your own thread describing what you'd like to do, and usually other people looking for a group will respond.
#2 - April 26, 2021, 02:03 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region minnesota
Hi to you in North Dakota! Thanks so much. :)
#3 - April 26, 2021, 06:07 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region britishisles
That's a useful question for me too as I am new here and also have picture book manuscripts. They are as ready as I can make them without outside input. Will scrabble around to see what I can find... if not maybe we begin a new one. Thanks Lisa-Marie and olmue.
#4 - April 27, 2021, 06:35 AM
Clare H

Members: