SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Posting Information

Discussion started on

I'll admit that I am a mostly a blueboard lurker :inbox:, but I am really interested in the different distinctions that are made with posters.  For example, I am a Newbie Poster.  Wil my account automatically promote me when I reach a certain number of posts or is that something that I apply for?  I have to say that the blueboards have helped me in many ways, even if I don't actively post. I have a wonderful critique group that I found through here, and I ALWAYS check the boards before I query anyone, so THANK YOU!   :grouphug2:
#1 - January 14, 2013, 04:02 PM
A neurtron walks into a bar and asks, "how much for a drink?" The bartender says, "no charge."
-Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory)

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Just curious where in Idaho you're from? I'm from Sandpoint.  :broccoli
#2 - January 14, 2013, 08:54 PM
A Smidgen of Sky (Harcourt 2012)
A Sliver of Sun (book #2)
 A Million Ways Home (Scholastic 2014)
Just Left of Lucky (2018)
 www.diannawinget.com

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
You will automatically move up as you post "qualifying" posts, Idahowriter. Qualifying posts are posts that ask serious questions, answer other questions on the board, or otherwise "contribute" to the quality information on this board. Posts in the Off Topic section of the board, congratulations to good news posts, etc. do not qualify. You will know if your post qualified when it makes your total post number go up. If the number doesn't change, then you know you have posted in a non-qualifying area of the board.

And Dianna, in the summertime I live an hour south-east of Spokane. We aren't that far apart!
#3 - January 14, 2013, 09:40 PM
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:43 PM by Verla Kay »
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

I'm from Rigby, the southeastern part of the state.  I think we're pretty far apart.  You're closer to Verla than me (I think).  And thanks for in the info, Verla.  I don't thing I realized how much work goes into maintaining this board.  It sounds like you or the moderators have to look at every comment and add it to the members name.  I can't imagine the work!  It never ceases to amaze me how kind the writing community is.   :goldstar
#4 - January 14, 2013, 09:58 PM
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:08 PM by idahowriter »
A neurtron walks into a bar and asks, "how much for a drink?" The bartender says, "no charge."

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region dakotas
Idahowriter! I live in SE Idaho, too. I hope you were warm yesterday and not caught in the power outage!  :cold:

Idaho writers unite! :D
#5 - January 15, 2013, 05:55 AM

Yesterday was a perfect writing day.  We still had power, and it was WAY to cold to try to do anything outside.  Maybe we'll thaw out some time later in the week.  I hear we should see temperatures as high as 20.   ;)
By the way, I think it is great to hear Idaho has some representation on the boards.  When you come from a state that is so spread out, it feels like the only contact that you have with other writers has to be online.  Glad to hear there are more people like me around.   :grouphug2:
#6 - January 15, 2013, 07:13 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
You will automatically move up as you post "qualifying" posts, Idahowriter. Qualifying posts are posts that ask serious questions, answer other questions on the board, or otherwise "contribute" to the quality information on this board. Posts in the Off Topic section of the board, congratulations to good news posts, etc. do not qualify. You will know if your post qualified when it makes your total post number go up. If the number doesn't change, then you know you have posted in a non-qualifying area of the board.

And Dianna, in the summertime I live an hour south-east of Spokane. We aren't that far apart!
Yes, Verla! I remember from our chat at the Spokane SCBWI get together this summer when you signed me up for the BB yourself.
#7 - January 15, 2013, 07:21 AM
A Smidgen of Sky (Harcourt 2012)
A Sliver of Sun (book #2)
 A Million Ways Home (Scholastic 2014)
Just Left of Lucky (2018)
 www.diannawinget.com

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region socal
Idahowriter! I live in SE Idaho, too. I hope you were warm yesterday and not caught in the power outage! 
It sounds like you might live in Rexburg. My husband grew up in Driggs. Welcome to Idaho writers!

Laurel  :snowplow
#8 - January 15, 2013, 08:20 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region dakotas
Glad to hear about your power and good writing day, Idahowriter! We had power, but apparently we were the lucky ones.

And yeah--I'm always excited to know there are other writers here. It's such a BIG state, with so few human beings in it. I went to a SCBWI conference in Boise a couple years ago and it was fun to meet other writers. I imagine there are probably a lot of us, though--what else are you going to do in the winter???

Wish I could meet Verla in person some day--but to get to Spokane from here, you either have a 7 hour drive through Montana, or an 11 hour drive through Oregon and Washington. The panhandle is pretty much inaccessible from here. :(
#9 - January 15, 2013, 09:01 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I am an hour SE of Spokane, right on the border of Idaho, Rose. Highway 95 is about 15 minutes from our house in Washington.
#10 - January 15, 2013, 09:59 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Thanks for the love.   :chickendance Laurel.
Rose, The Idaho Writers League will sometimes do conferences on this side of the state, and they do have league meetings monthly in Idaho Falls.  Most of them write for adults though.  Rose, I checked your blog and enjoyed seeing the kind of writing you enjoy.  Glad to have such a interesting woman live so close to home!   :snowmanjump: Go Idaho!!!! 
#11 - January 15, 2013, 11:47 AM

Idaho writers unite! :D

Another gem stater here! :yeah  I'm in Eagle, just outside Boise. Yup, it's crazy cold right now--but also quite beautiful.  :)
#12 - January 15, 2013, 02:07 PM

GraceRouth

Yay for Idaho writers! I'm in Boise! Didn't know there were so many of us on the boards. NICE!

:broccoli :carrot :ceilingdance
#13 - January 15, 2013, 03:06 PM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw

Yay for Idaho writers! I'm in Boise! Didn't know there were so many of us on the boards. NICE!

:broccoli :carrot :ceilingdance

:verla chalks up another point for the Blueboard. :moose
#14 - January 15, 2013, 06:06 PM
Verla Kay

Members: