SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Site performance

Discussion started on

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Of all the sites I visit, this one has the slowest performance lately. I'm not sure why -- it's true on the main forum list, individual threads, and within posts. I've notice it for about a month -- sometimes I give up on browsing or posting because the scrolling and key commands are so delayed that I'm not able to get to the link I want -- I wait and wait and then end up scrolling by.

Anybody else having trouble? It's actually a bit better on my iPhone than my Mac, but I tend to post less on the phone, just lurk.
#1 - July 09, 2013, 02:08 PM
Kell Andrews
www.kellandrews.com
Twitter @kellandrewsPA

DEADWOOD, Spencer Hill, 2014
MIRA FORECASTS THE FUTURE, Sterling, 2016

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region florida
Hi Kell,
I'm not running into the same problem. Maybe a full Norton (or similar) scan would clean out the gunk that's clogging the works?

Best wishes!
 :star2
#2 - July 09, 2013, 02:14 PM

Have you deleted cookies lately?

It's working fast for me so I'm thinking Butterfly is right -- maybe a virus or cookies or something clogging the pipes.
#3 - July 09, 2013, 02:30 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
I'll give it a shot -- definitely have lots of other stuff -- but other sites are fine, including videos, games, etc. It's THIS site that does not perform for me.
#4 - July 09, 2013, 04:18 PM
Kell Andrews
www.kellandrews.com
Twitter @kellandrewsPA

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Hi Kell,
Just wondering what browser you use? I know many sites work much better/faster for me when I use Safari than Internet Explorer. Sometimes the browser can make a big difference.  :goodluck
#5 - July 09, 2013, 04:31 PM
A Smidgen of Sky (Harcourt 2012)
A Sliver of Sun (book #2)
 A Million Ways Home (Scholastic 2014)
 www.diannawinget.com
Twitter@DiannaMWinget

Hi Kell

Has it slowed down recently for you or has it always been slow?
When I used to have a slower connection I turned off Smilies in my Look and Layout. Which Forum style are you using? (It's the first option under Look and Layout within Profile settings)

There's an agent website that I can even get to from home, but if I go to the library I have no trouble at all. So I know my ISP is the problem but there's nothing I can do to fix it (because they don't care). Does your iPhone work any faster using broadband rather than Wifi?

Dave
#6 - July 09, 2013, 04:32 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
I've not had a problem (I use google chrome usually and the layout David mentioned) You might also try emptying your cache.
#7 - July 10, 2013, 05:08 AM
PAINLESS (Albert Whitman 2015)
BLOOD BROTHERS (Delacorte 2007)

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
New!
Thanks for all the generous advice. Got rid of smileys, cleared cache, etc. I use Firefox. I still have delayed scroll response from all parts of this site. Maybe it just doesn't like me anymore. :(
#8 - July 10, 2013, 09:27 AM
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:33 AM by Kell »
Kell Andrews
www.kellandrews.com
Twitter @kellandrewsPA

Members: