SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Site performance

Discussion started on

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Of all the sites I visit, this one has the slowest performance lately. I'm not sure why -- it's true on the main forum list, individual threads, and within posts. I've notice it for about a month -- sometimes I give up on browsing or posting because the scrolling and key commands are so delayed that I'm not able to get to the link I want -- I wait and wait and then end up scrolling by.

Anybody else having trouble? It's actually a bit better on my iPhone than my Mac, but I tend to post less on the phone, just lurk.
#1 - July 09, 2013, 02:08 PM
Kell Andrews
www.kellandrews.com
Twitter @kellandrewsPA

THE BOOK DRAGON, Sterling, October 2, 2018
MIRA FORECASTS THE FUTURE, Sterling, 2016

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region florida
Hi Kell,
I'm not running into the same problem. Maybe a full Norton (or similar) scan would clean out the gunk that's clogging the works?

Best wishes!
 :star2
#2 - July 09, 2013, 02:14 PM
Butterfly Girl (middle grade novel, Clear Fork Publishing, spring 2018)
Ten Clever Ninjas (picture book, Clear Fork Publishing, summer 2018)

Have you deleted cookies lately?

It's working fast for me so I'm thinking Butterfly is right -- maybe a virus or cookies or something clogging the pipes.
#3 - July 09, 2013, 02:30 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
I'll give it a shot -- definitely have lots of other stuff -- but other sites are fine, including videos, games, etc. It's THIS site that does not perform for me.
#4 - July 09, 2013, 04:18 PM
Kell Andrews
www.kellandrews.com
Twitter @kellandrewsPA

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Hi Kell,
Just wondering what browser you use? I know many sites work much better/faster for me when I use Safari than Internet Explorer. Sometimes the browser can make a big difference.  :goodluck
#5 - July 09, 2013, 04:31 PM
A Smidgen of Sky (Harcourt 2012)
A Sliver of Sun (book #2)
 A Million Ways Home (Scholastic 2014)
Just Left of Lucky (2018)
 www.diannawinget.com

Hi Kell

Has it slowed down recently for you or has it always been slow?
When I used to have a slower connection I turned off Smilies in my Look and Layout. Which Forum style are you using? (It's the first option under Look and Layout within Profile settings)

There's an agent website that I can even get to from home, but if I go to the library I have no trouble at all. So I know my ISP is the problem but there's nothing I can do to fix it (because they don't care). Does your iPhone work any faster using broadband rather than Wifi?

Dave
#6 - July 09, 2013, 04:32 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
I've not had a problem (I use google chrome usually and the layout David mentioned) You might also try emptying your cache.
#7 - July 10, 2013, 05:08 AM
PAINLESS (Albert Whitman 2015)
BLOOD BROTHERS (Delacorte 2007)

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
New!
Thanks for all the generous advice. Got rid of smileys, cleared cache, etc. I use Firefox. I still have delayed scroll response from all parts of this site. Maybe it just doesn't like me anymore. :(
#8 - July 10, 2013, 09:27 AM
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:33 AM by Kell »
Kell Andrews
www.kellandrews.com
Twitter @kellandrewsPA

Members: