SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Where to post a giveaway?

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region losangeles
I'm not sure where to post news about a Goodreads giveaway.  I know there's a place to put things like this, but I'm not finding it.  Help! (Please.) Thank you.
#1 - August 01, 2013, 08:15 PM
Ann Redisch Stampler

www.annstampler.blogspot.com
www.annstampler.com
@annstampler

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
#2 - August 01, 2013, 08:28 PM
Adventures of Jenna V. Series
Caroline Grade Mysteries
The Journey of Emilie
Anne Bradstreet: America's Puritan Poet
www.marciahoehne.com

Reader, reader, reader...
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region rmc
Actually, Ann, now that we're re-organizing the Good News boards, the Book Giveaways board is being discontinued.  You can no longer post threads on that board.  We're putting all giveaways in the new Good News - Writing and Illustrating board.  :)
#3 - August 01, 2013, 09:22 PM
Robin
Unspun: A Collection of Tattered Fairy Tales: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BSR6CPJ/

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Thanks so much! I'm headed over there to post about it.
#4 - August 02, 2013, 08:13 AM
Ann Redisch Stampler

www.annstampler.com
@annstampler

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Hi Adracill,

I posted about the giveaway on Goodie, Goodie, but the moderator there (Jenna, whom I can't reply to because it's locked!) moved it to Book Giveaways.  The problem being that there is no Book Giveaways heading (at least that I can see) so the only way people can access the info is to click on the removal notice in Goodie, Goodie.

If there's a way to restore the posting on Goodie, Goodie, I'd appreciate it!  Thanks so much!
#5 - August 02, 2013, 05:42 PM
Ann Redisch Stampler

www.annstampler.com
@annstampler

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region rmc
Is this an adult book?  If so, yes, I will make sure it gets put in Goodie, Goodie.  If it's a kid-related work, then it goes in Good News - Writing and Illustrating.  Let me know which it is, and I'll be sure to put it there.  :)
#6 - August 02, 2013, 05:45 PM
Robin
Unspun: A Collection of Tattered Fairy Tales: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BSR6CPJ/

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Ann, that was totally my mistake! Before my coffee, I moved it to Book Giveaways, then remembered that we were changing it all up. So I moved it back to where you originally posted -- Good News - Writing and Illustrating. So very sorry for the confusion!  :hiding  That's where it is now. Let me know it is non-kidlit and I'll move it go Goodie Goodie.
#7 - August 02, 2013, 05:53 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Hi Jenna,
Given that I'm muddling Goodie Goodie & Good News, the notion of making a mistake before or after coffee is far from alien to me!  Thank you so much for fixing this.  Please come out from under the chair and accept major thanks for moderating in the first place.  (Also, it hits me that I could have sent you a PM -- I think -- but I got so freaked out when I saw that the posting was locked that I lost all problem-solving ability.  Sorry!)
Best,
Ann
P.S.  The book in question is a YA novel, so definitely Good News is the right place for it.
#8 - August 02, 2013, 05:57 PM
Ann Redisch Stampler

www.annstampler.com
@annstampler

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
I think so too! What a lot of hullabaloo for something *you* did right in the first place!!! And congratulations on the giveaway!!  :partytime
#9 - August 02, 2013, 06:00 PM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region rmc
All's well that ends well :)
#10 - August 02, 2013, 06:06 PM
Robin

Members: