SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Post count wrong?

Discussion started on

that redhead

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place...

I've noticed that my post count seems to be stuck at 17.  I went into the list of my actual posts, and there are 30 of them.  Any thoughts on why my profile loves "17" so much?

-JoAnne  :)

ps....Okay..now that I've posted this, it's showing as 18.  But still, it seems to be behind. 
#1 - October 08, 2013, 08:33 PM

Reader, reader, reader...
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region rmc
Only some boards actually count your posts -- 'thank yous,' simple congrats, and posts like that don't count toward your overall post totals.
#2 - October 08, 2013, 09:31 PM
Robin
Unspun: A Collection of Tattered Fairy Tales: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BSR6CPJ/

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
What Robin said--posts on certain boards like Good News don't get included toward your post totals. Hope that helps!
#3 - October 09, 2013, 04:34 AM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
The posts that "count" are the in threads that are helpful to the community by either asking questions to further the discussion of the topic or offering new insight and information. JoAnne's post here counted because she asked a question other new members might be wondering about.

FWIW, the post-count question is answered in the About this Board post on the Board Policies & Information board: http://www.verlakay.com/boards/index.php?topic=25618.0   (#8, Verla's second post).

eta: to correct the spelling of JoAnne's name (no, she didn't point it out; I noticed it...)
#4 - October 09, 2013, 08:05 AM
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:44 PM by AnneB »

that redhead

Ahhh....makes sense.  Thank you all!

I must have missed it when I read the board policies.  I'm off to go look at 'em again....  :)

#5 - October 09, 2013, 02:24 PM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
There's a lot to learn about how the boards work, JoAnne. We're trying to consolidate the info but even the mods have to ask one another "now what's our policy again about [insert issue]?" from time to time.
#6 - October 09, 2013, 03:46 PM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
There's a lot to learn about how the boards work, JoAnne. We're trying to consolidate the info but even the mods have to ask one another "now what's our policy again about [insert issue]?" from time to time.

:werd
#7 - October 09, 2013, 04:18 PM

Members: