SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Meet agents small setting for CRITIQUE-MAINE

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Affordable 1 day conference 100% devoted to agent/editor feed back on YOUR pages.  (MORE INFO AT agentseditorswriters.com)

Jenny Bent (Bent Agency), Linda Camacho (Zacker Galtt), Rebecca Podos(Rees) and Carter Hasegawa (Candlewick Press) will spend the morning providing critiques of writer's opening pages/query/logline (writers choice) 15 minutes for each writer. Tables limited to 10.

In the afternoon your pages can be submitted anonymously for a panel critique.

The purpose of this conference is for attending writers to have specific, detailed professional feedback on their written pages and to meet agents/editors in a small setting. All professionals will accept queries after the conference, even those who are closed to submissions. All have agreed that there will be specific reasons for any declines - no form letters, no - no response means no.

Last day for early bird pricing is 5/31.

THIS IS NOT AN SCBWI SPONSORED CONFERENCE BUT IT MAY BE OF INTEREST TO MEMBERS
#1 - May 05, 2018, 05:13 AM

I just want to put in a plug for this cozy Maine conference. I drove down (2000 kms return) from Nova Scotia last year, and it was a well organized and useful conference, as well as an opportunity to mingle with other writers. I did get very useful, quick feedback, especially from one of the (normally closed to subs) agents I queried following the conference, which contributed to a rethinking/revising of the MG manuscript, which is now on the verge of being published:)
#2 - May 05, 2018, 10:03 AM
www.jancoates.ca
2018, Talking to the Moon (MG)
2018, A Halifax Time-Travelling Tune (PB)
2016, Sky Pig (PB)
2015, The King of Keji
2014, Rocket Man

Members: