SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Haunted States of America Contest

Discussion started on

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
I checked in with SCBWI a couple of weeks ago. It's my understanding that the remaining entries are in the hands of the publisher
Ah. Then you're at the mercy of the publisher, so to speak, and SCBWI has no further control over what happens (or doesn't).

#61 - May 27, 2021, 06:44 AM
Adventures of Jenna V. Series
Caroline Grade Mysteries
The Journey of Emilie
Anne Bradstreet: America's Puritan Poet
www.marciahoehne.com

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
Good luck to all still in the running.
#62 - May 27, 2021, 05:56 PM
Twitter: @dvilardi1

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newmexico

Several of you mentioned "checking in" or getting rejections, etc... Is there a particular person to do so with or a list of long/shortlisted somewhere or should we assume no news is good news? I haven't heard anything, but it's possible I suppose something went into SPAM and I didn't see it., but magazines are starting to look for October content, so while I'm happy to wait, also if I did miss a rejection I might want to send it elsewhere.
#63 - June 10, 2021, 02:11 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Hi Meredith,
I think many of us are wondering the same thing..."Did my rejection go to spam and I missed it?"
It seems that a few people have heard back about some details, but many have not heard a thing back and are are still wondering and waiting about the timeline...
We are all hoping the best!  GOOD LUCK for New Mexico!
#64 - June 22, 2021, 05:59 AM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region florida
I have been wondering about this as well. I haven't heard anything but did hear from SCBWI months ago that a decision was going to come soon and that the publisher was doing its second review. Good luck to everyone!
#65 - June 23, 2021, 12:38 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region epa
I tried emailing and calling SCBWI to ask for a status update and so far haven't heard anything... Anyone else having more luck?
#66 - July 07, 2021, 12:45 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything about this contest?  If the winners have been chosen, I’d consider submitting my story somewhere else for Halloween. Thank you! Christine Page
#67 - July 07, 2021, 04:56 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
I do not believe that anyone knows what phase this contest is in or when we might know.
Hope for the best!
#68 - July 09, 2021, 08:25 AM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Just curious if anyone’s getting rejections or maybe there just waiting to tell the winners they won and no one else?  I thought they were aiming towards this October to publish but maybe not because it’s almost the middle of July.
#69 - July 15, 2021, 03:02 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region epa
Hey everyone,

I actually decided to email customer service at Macmillan just to ask if there is a timeline and I was told that I should check back with SCBWI because it is part of their submission process... I'm guessing this was just a customer service rep who may not have had the full picture, but oh well. Just thought I'd share.
#70 - July 22, 2021, 08:33 AM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
Thanks for your efforts Michael!
Hoping for the best for everyone.
We should support and celebrate virtually when this is decided.
#71 - July 23, 2021, 04:54 AM

Members: