SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Picture Books (PB) / Re: Grammerly
« Last post by laurie-fishero1 on May 15, 2022, 03:04 PM »
I have the free version of Grammarly and I find it helps most with spelling errors or sometimes phrasing, but that's mostly for very technical writing. When I'm writing something looser and more stylized, I find that I often disagree with Grammarly on comma usage, so it's mostly annoying.
That is kind  of what I think,  it feels more formal. They just keep getting in my head, “ I’d only you pay for it your manuscript would be perfect” 😂
If you're interested, I just posted a sub-1000 word draft of my long rhyming picture book discussed above. It's in the member's online critique section of this board.

https://www.scbwi.org/boards/index.php?topic=92678
Graphic Novels / Re: I made a knitting and crocheting graphic novel
« Last post by peggy-bloom on May 15, 2022, 12:27 PM »
Hi Saeko -- Your pages from your knitting book look wonderful and I hope you find a home for it with a publisher. Could you please post the name you use on instagram so I can follow your work? Thank you!!

Picture Books (PB) / Re: Just a little thanks!
« Last post by Pons on May 15, 2022, 10:01 AM »
:congratulations  Enjoy your book.  :star2
« Last post by David Wright on May 15, 2022, 08:00 AM »
:congrats
« Last post by Ree on May 15, 2022, 04:49 AM »
Congrats!

Ree
« Last post by dewsanddamps on May 14, 2022, 08:32 PM »
 :cheerleader Hey, congratulations, Rachel! :yay
Picture Books (PB) / Just a little thanks!
« Last post by rachel-berkowitz on May 14, 2022, 08:10 PM »
Hi all!

Just wanted to pop in and thank everyone on the forum who helped me so much this past year during the production of my picture book! I had a lot of ups and downs with the publisher, and with it being my first publication, I so appreciated all the wonderful advice everyone gave me in figuring out how to communicate in a professional way, even when I was frustrated. The good news is, the book finally came out, and I'm pretty happy with it for a first book  ::-)

https://www.goldenfleecepress.com/store/p69/The_Basement_Book--Print.html

So thank you all again so much for your help along the way! It was invaluable and I so appreciated you all sharing your wisdom with me!

:yourock
We haven't discussed the rise in verse novels, and even verse chapter books. If that trickles down, a longer rhyming PB may be just fine. The thing is, we can only discuss what is out there now, not what may be in the pipeline or happening when your work would be published.
Picture Books (PB) / Re: Grammerly
« Last post by Debbie Vilardi on May 14, 2022, 06:10 PM »
I've been known to look things up in a grammar textbook. I also use  https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/purdue_owl.html. Look at the menu on the left and click General Writing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]