SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Mary Kole is running a webinar on Sun, Sept. 29 11:00 CDT (yes, it's Central time)

https://kidlit.com/2018/09/16/query-letter-webinar-registration-is-live

< She > invites you to participate for FREE! All < she > asks is that you fill out a short feedback survey after the webinar.

I don't know if there is an enrollment limit.
Magazines & Ezines / Re: Cicada magazine
« Last post by Gbug on Today at 06:58 AM »
DianaM---this is off topic (sorry everyone if this is against the rules), but I just saw that you wrote Ned the Knitting Pirate. I picked that up not long ago at the library to read to my daughter. We --loved-- it!!  I am a big crocheter and learning to knit, so it was such a fun topic to read about in silly verse!

Research / Re: What Genre is Annie?
« Last post by thunderingelephants on Yesterday at 06:16 AM »
Annie is one of those films which is spread across a broad spectrum. Also, it can appeal to a wide audience and you might need to consider that most wouldn't consider it to have ever been a book. What might associate it as a film musical, or adapted for the stage.
It could work as a book, but you'd really need to research the relevance of that type of plot in today's market. Opinions on that topic have changed dramatically!
Personal opinion.
Illustrating / Re: Paper or Digital?
« Last post by thunderingelephants on Yesterday at 06:08 AM »
Can you ask that of writers also? I'm still using the good old ink and paper. :writing3
Outside the USA / Re: Hanoi, Vietnam
« Last post by Spence on September 16, 2018, 08:17 PM »
One of the places I would like to visit, along with Australia.
Illustrating / Request for pricing advice?
« Last post by joana-miranda on September 16, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Dear fellow illustrators,
I am new to SCBWI and a newbie on Blueboard  :new and have a question custom illustration pricing.  I've been contacted by a magazine based out of Japan (the NY office contacted me). They are interested in having me do a monthly illustration for a column in their magazine (12 illustrations total).  From what I can tell so far, the illustrations look like they'd need to fit in a 1/2 banner (smallish horizontally oriented rectangle at the top of the page.)  They are asking for figure illustrations, though I've explained that given the small size of the proposed illustration, a head/torso illustration would work better than a full figure illustration.  I asked if they have a budget in mind, but haven't heard back.  This would be the first time I'm doing a multi-illustration magazine project, so I'd welcome any advice on how to proceed with pricing.  Thanks for your help!  Joana
Kidlit Good News / Re: The Secret of Book Promotion on the Blueboard
« Last post by AnneB on September 16, 2018, 09:06 AM »
I don't know if I qualify to post in PN yet.

I checked your profile, Eleanor -- you're good! [To check, just click on your name at the left of your post.]
Illustrating / Re: How To Put Together An Illustration Portfolio
« Last post by eleanor-peterson1 on September 16, 2018, 01:32 AM »
So happy I found this info. Thank you all for sharing. I'm building my website as an author /illustrator and these links are awesome.
Kidlit Good News / Re: Got an agent!
« Last post by eleanor-peterson1 on September 16, 2018, 01:20 AM »
Lucky you, congrats. :goodluck :star2
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10