SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Anyone for Graphic Novels?

Discussion started on

Nomi:  We have had a couple requests to see the art/text.  I have sent it to three agents.  One took a pass.  Two are still reviewing.  Keep you fingers X'd.  I'd love to see this story in print - especially since my son and I worked on it together. 

Keep sending yours out - that's the only way to get published.

#31 - January 31, 2008, 09:03 PM

Hi Kim,
Just read your post on agents. Did you have to wait long to hear back from them?
#32 - February 01, 2008, 09:49 AM

I heard back in about 10 days on the pass.  Still waiting on the other two. 
#33 - February 01, 2008, 12:50 PM

Mac McCool

Hi Stephanie!  It's good to see you here!!

Kim, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too!!
#34 - February 11, 2008, 09:12 AM

BTW, on the feedback form for SCBWI Winter Conference this past weekend, I requested that one thing I'd like to see in the future is a Graphic Novel track for writers and illustrators.

And surrealist illustrator, David Wiesner, was wonderful!
#35 - February 12, 2008, 04:35 AM

Duskydawn-- thanks for making that request! I'd hoped to make it to the conference this year, but it didn't happen... I was planning to focus mainly on the GN information. Maybe by the time I *do* get there, there will be more workshops and etc.
I'd love to hear David Wiesner-- His books are so much fun!
#36 - February 22, 2008, 08:39 AM

Update: Unfortunately, passes.  Oh well - we're going to keep on working on this.  My son did put out a community comic book for Free Comic Day so that was fun.
#37 - May 09, 2008, 10:09 AM

Amy Spitzley

Hey everyone--I know nothing about graphic novels myself, but I have a friend whose son is 14 and a non-reader. He's very science-minded and loves math but won't study his spelling words to save his life, that sort of thing. I told her graphic novels might be a way to go but I'd like to give her some specific titles.
Anyone know something for a math-minded kid, or should I post this elsewhere?

#38 - May 13, 2008, 06:50 PM