SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Nature's Lullaby Fills the Night Book Trailer

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
The book trailer for my picture book, Nature's Lullaby Fills the Night (Sterling Children's Books), is now on YouTube. Here's the link if you'd care to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omVXBUYs22s

In it, night falls and the world sings a lullaby. From moths fluttering their powdery wings to willows shushing, shushing in the breeze, tender nature scenes sweep across land, sea, and sky to soothe and calm little ones.

The official release date is February 6. Yay! 
#1 - January 05, 2018, 02:27 PM

Poster Plus
Oh, Dee, it's beautiful.!!!Sterling did a masterful job evoking calm and a sense of wonder with this sweet video. Can't wait until February 6!!! (As an aside, immediately after I pressed "play," my 6 year-old came into the room mid-rant, but stopped to snuggle up and watch the video. When it ended, he asked to see it again! I never did learn the cause of his meltdown.)

:cricket :cricket :cricket :cricket :cricket "A chirping concert fills the air..." (and soothes my savage little beast)
#2 - January 05, 2018, 03:20 PM
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:24 PM by carrots »

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Oh, Dee! I agree with Carrots! It's beautiful. And I can see exactly why her little one would be soothed by it and want to have it played again.

The illustrations are lovely, and your text is wonderful. And the trailer is one of the best I've seen for a picture book. Did you have it done or did Sterling do it?
#3 - January 05, 2018, 03:43 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
Glad to know the music worked to calm your child! I spent weeks trying to decide on the music. Thanks for your nice comment. You're the best!
#4 - January 05, 2018, 05:58 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
I made one first and sent it to Sterling. When they asked the artist for permission to use the illustrations I wanted to use in the trailer, she said she had been thinking about making one since she owns an animation studio. She made it and Sterling sent it to me to add the music. Then I sent it back to Sterling and they posted it. It was a three-way collaboration! I love my illustrator and the Sterling staff!

Thank you for the kind comment.  :love5
#5 - January 05, 2018, 06:03 PM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI RA
  • SCBWI Region cencal
Beautiful!
#6 - January 05, 2018, 06:12 PM
Rebecca Langston-George
The Women's Rights Movement: Then and Now
Capstone: January, 2018

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
What a lovely trailer, Dee! I can't wait to pick up your adorable book for my granddaughter.  :love5
#7 - January 05, 2018, 07:28 PM
'Vehicle Dreams Series' Running Press Kids
Fire Truck Dreams 2018
Bulldozer Dreams 2017
Race Car Dreams 2016
The Sparrow and The Trees- Arbordale 2015

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region florida
Gorgeous trailer and book--love it! This will be one of my new go-to books for toddler gifts and baby showers. :)
#8 - January 06, 2018, 06:38 AM
Ten Clever Ninjas (picture book, Clear Fork Publishing, fall 2018)
Butterfly Girl (middle grade novel, Clear Fork Publishing, winter 2018)

Poster Plus
I made one first and sent it to Sterling. When they asked the artist for permission to use the illustrations I wanted to use in the trailer, she said she had been thinking about making one since she owns an animation studio. She made it and Sterling sent it to me to add the music. Then I sent it back to Sterling and they posted it. It was a three-way collaboration! I love my illustrator and the Sterling staff!

Thank you for the kind comment.  :love5

I'm sorry I gave all the credit to Sterling and not to you!! I should have remembered how you'd done the other amazing trailer for Dough Knights and Dragons!!

I love hearing how these things work with publishers, too. (And it makes me yearn to work with Sterling all the more.....)
#9 - January 06, 2018, 06:52 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
Gorgeous trailer and book--love it! This will be one of my new go-to books for toddler gifts and baby showers. :)

Thank you so much! I plan to use it for baby showers, too.  :flowers2

#10 - January 06, 2018, 10:22 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
 :thankyou
What a lovely trailer, Dee! I can't wait to pick up your adorable book for my granddaughter.  :love5

Thanks so much. I appreciate the support. I hope you enjoy reading it with her.   :thankyou
#11 - January 06, 2018, 10:23 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
#12 - January 06, 2018, 10:24 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
It's so beautiful, Dee! I really love it...it's on my list for a baby shower/toddler gift!
#13 - January 06, 2018, 04:01 PM
DREAM JOBS IN SPORTS PSYCHOLOGY (Rosen 2018)
THE GROSS SCIENCE OF BAD BREATH AND CAVITIES (Rosen 2019)

http://www.authorjessicashaw.com

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
It's so beautiful, Dee! I really love it...it's on my list for a baby shower/toddler gift!

Thank you!  :flowers2
#14 - January 06, 2018, 08:29 PM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
This is beautiful, Dee! I think I'll play it over and over just for myself.
#15 - January 07, 2018, 06:55 AM
http://www.vonnacarter.com
Independent Publisher Gallery
Current Lists of Writing Workshops/Retreats/Online Classes
twitter @VonnaCarter

Spring 2019: Precious Baby (Beaming Books) and Beep! Beep! Special Delivery (Clear Fork)
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region easternny
Wow! It's beautiful!

Della   :stars3
#16 - January 07, 2018, 08:33 PM
How Will I Ever Sleep in This Bed? / Hey! You're Eating My Homework / Beep! Beep! Special Delivery / Precious Baby  / Huggle Wuggle, Bedtime Snuggle

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego

This is beautiful, Dee! I think I'll play it over and over just for myself.

Thanks, Vonna.   :thank you It took me weeks to pick out music. I listened to hundreds of songs, but the music kept doing what it was supposed to do. It put me to sleep, so I wasn't able to get through as many soundtracks per day as I would have liked.
#17 - January 07, 2018, 10:00 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego

Wow! It's beautiful!

Della   :stars3

Thanks, Della.  :love5
#18 - January 07, 2018, 10:01 PM

Members: