SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

number of crafts

Discussion started on

I have about 4 crafts I'd like to send to Highlights. Since they are of a breakable or easily squished nature, I was just sending photos of the completed crafts, but I was wondering how many you can send at a time. I know with poems you can send 2-3. Just wondering if the same rule applied for crafts.

TIA! :balloongroup: :EmoticonDollar: :smash:

(icons are courtesy of my 6 yo)
#1 - June 14, 2007, 09:41 AM

MaudeStephany

You don't actually HAVE to send the crafts themselves to Highlights. The easiest thing to do is just take photos along with your projects and if they want to see the actual project you only have to send the one, not all of them.

I just got an email telling me that my craft (Peteca) has been recommended for purchase. YAY! Good luck!

Maude  :jump
#2 - June 14, 2007, 11:25 AM

I was only going to send photos of each craft, not the actual ones. I just wondered how many you could send in at a time.

Congratulations on your sale!
#3 - June 14, 2007, 11:27 AM

Rena

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same question -- is it okay to send more than one craft at a time?

I have 2 crafts and was planning on sending samples, but didn't know if I should mail them separately or together. Any current advice on this?
#4 - October 20, 2008, 11:07 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wwa
I've sent in up to three crafts at a time. I usually only send photos though. I think if your crafts are not too large or bulky, it should be fine to send both at one time.
#5 - October 20, 2008, 01:37 PM
SPACE EXPLORERS (Rourke, 2019)
OCEAN EXPLORERS (Rourke, 2019)
GRAVITY IN ACTION (Rourke, 2019)
www.annettegulati.com

Rena

Thanks Annette! Mine are fairly small, so I'll give it a try sending them at the same time.
#6 - October 20, 2008, 03:11 PM

Poster Plus
I've sent in up to three crafts at a time. I usually only send photos though. I think if your crafts are not too large or bulky, it should be fine to send both at one time.

Me, too.  For some reason, three just seems like a sensible number, especially for children's writers (hmmm, three bears, three pigs, three blind mice.....).

:)    :)    :)
#7 - October 21, 2008, 10:48 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region minnesota
I've subbed and sold crafts to Highlights pretty regularly for a year now, and I send three at a time, too.  I also send pictures instead of the craft itself.

Good luck!  :)
#8 - October 21, 2008, 12:34 PM
"No furniture is so charming as books."
--Sydney Smith

http://saramatson.com/

Rena

Thanks everyone. I hope I didn't curse myself by sending only two --  :eh2 :eh2
#9 - October 22, 2008, 05:07 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region minnesota
Much better to send two than too many!  :)

#10 - October 22, 2008, 06:56 PM
"No furniture is so charming as books."
--Sydney Smith

http://saramatson.com/

Members: