SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

The Bluffton Group

Discussion started on

Shirley Anne

Marilyn Edwards, editor of Boys' Quest, Hopscotch for Girls and Fun For Kidz, has asked me to post that she is working on the next theme list. I don't know when it will be published, but check their website every week or so.    http://funforkidzmagazines.com/

Keep in mind, that good black and white photographs are a plus when submitting articles.  I do enjoy writing for these wholesome and fun magazines.

Shirley Anne
#1 - May 19, 2010, 10:05 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
Thanks for the update, Shirley Anne!
#2 - May 19, 2010, 10:20 AM
PRUDENCE, THE PART-TIME COW, A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK, BUSY BUS series, EMERGENCY KITTENS, and more!
Twitter @jodywrites4kids

coffeeluvr

Thanks Shirley Anne--much appreciated!
#3 - May 19, 2010, 10:45 AM

jeanne k

Thanks, Shirley!!
 :flower
#4 - May 19, 2010, 10:48 AM

Yay!!!  Thanks, Shirley Anne!  I was beginning to worry about the Blufton mgas...Whew!

buglady
#6 - May 20, 2010, 04:18 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Thanks for the update, Shirley Anne.  I've seen some of your articles/photos in the Bluffton magazines--you do a great job!
#7 - May 24, 2010, 06:18 AM

Read to your kids
Poster Plus
So nice to hear from you again. I hope your writing is going well. Thanks for posting!

Sue :yay
#8 - May 24, 2010, 11:12 AM

Poster Plus
Thanks, Shirley Anne!  :bicycle
#9 - May 25, 2010, 04:56 AM
CHRISTMAS EVE BLIZZARD, Arbordale Publishing

MaudeStephany

:yay they're up!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Maude  :frog
#10 - May 25, 2010, 11:20 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I went to check and only found the ones that have been there for over a year, Maude.  When you said, "They're up!" did you mean new ones?
#11 - May 25, 2010, 01:32 PM

coffeeluvr

Shirley Anne--any update on when the new list might be posted? Thanks!
#12 - July 02, 2010, 05:57 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region arizona
Hi everyone. I was just checking the website for Boys' Quest/Hopscotch/Fun For Kidz and they have some new themes listed. Apparently they also still have a few openings on some of the older posted themes as well.

Go to:  http://funforkidzmagazines.com/openthemes

God luck to those who decide to submit.

Guy 

#13 - July 09, 2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.guybelleranti.com/
Cow's Bad Dream & Muddy Pig, Clean Pig (the 4th & 5th books in my Farm Friends series ) August 2017, RR Books

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newjersey
It looks like they have a new format and better website.  If you've been checking on the link of an already established book mark as I have been doing, the new themes might not show up.  Does this make sense, or am I just technically challenged?   Anyway, it looks like they've only added a couple of new themes/issues.  I hope in the coming days, they post a few more.

And yes, best of luck, to all who submit.    The Bluffton mags are very cute and well done.

Laura
#14 - July 10, 2010, 05:44 AM
http://laurasassitales.wordpress.com/
Twitter:  @laurasassitales
GOODNIGHT ARK
 GOODNIGHT MANGER
LOVE IS KIND
 DIVA DELORES & THE OPERA HOUSE MOUSE

Hmm...Boys' Quest has "Teeth" listed as their June 2012 theme, but I already have a puzzle accepted for their June 2012 Baseball theme.

Does anybody know if they cancel themes, or move them around to a different month?  They haven't notified me to say they've changed their minds, but my address has long since changed since that acceptance, so perhaps they couldn't reach me.  Anyone else waiting on publication in Boys' Quest's  Baseball theme?

Thanks,
Liana
#15 - July 10, 2010, 07:20 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I just checked, Liana, and I also have a baseball puzzle accepted for their June 2012 issue.  I do remember one other time they switched a theme around.  They haven't notified me about a change affecting my acceptance, and I haven't moved from this spot in 14 years.  :yup  So you haven't missed out on anything because of your move.
#16 - July 12, 2010, 07:24 PM

Members: