Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Yay on rolling balls!  :juggle
#991 - March 03, 2011, 08:23 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

:phat I feel like celebrating. Today, while working on my WIP, I finally heard one of my main characters' voice! It's about time, too. I'm almost finished with the first draft.

:yay :partytime :hurrah :drinktoast: :chickendance :cheerleader
#992 - March 05, 2011, 07:06 PM

Trench Bunny Caretaker
Poster Plus
I managed about 300 words yesterday. I much prefer the 1000+ word days, but they are few and far between these days. Hoping for some writing time during spring break.

Rue
#993 - March 05, 2011, 09:10 PM
WIP: ETBs 10687/35000 (30.5%)
WIP: IWWP 12045/35000 (34.4%)

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Today, while working on my WIP, I finally heard one of my main characters' voice!

Only another writer could understand someone being happy about "hearing voices!" :snork
#994 - March 06, 2011, 03:26 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

2.30p.m. here and I attempted to write until human beastie ordered me to get my lunch, so I suppose I have to.  This is one reason why I go elsewhere to go to write.  He's a dear friend but can also be a pain in the  :mooning.  Going to eat my lunch, have my modem confiscated and then go to my writing haunt.
Oh and more truffles later...hopefully.  People are demanding tomorrow.
Only another writer could understand someone being happy about "hearing voices!" :snork
Especially narky headmasters. I'm loving him :revising:
Just spent the afternoon supping cappuccinos and conducting interviews with the students and old classmates of the headmaster.  Mr.  :pickle has a lot to answer for.  He's such a grump!
#995 - March 06, 2011, 06:50 AM
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:19 AM by thunderingelephants »

:hurrah I finished my rough draft!
#996 - March 09, 2011, 11:19 PM

Lizardmaker

I went on vacation last week. It was good for me but very bad for my WIP (although I did draft a new short story, unrelated to the WIP). Now I'm trying to refocus. Why is it so hard to do?
-Anne
#997 - March 10, 2011, 05:26 AM

Cat

A voice spoke to me today as I was opening up the office where I work. It said, "Life is like a glass of wine", and stopped. I thought, "How is life like a glass of wine?" but the voice didn't reply. I decided it was overtaxed with that thought process, and another voice complained, "It's not MY fault! Why was I the one that got cursed? After all, it was my MA that insulted the Dragon, not me!"

Weird. However, that sparked some little grey matter, and I think a story is blooming in the fug. We'll see what happens.
#998 - March 18, 2011, 09:30 PM

I intended to work on my ms today but the cafe was absolutely packed.  I should have guessed, St. Patrick's was only three days ago and kiddies have day off tomorrow so families are out.  It was kind of noisy.  Even my mp3 didn't block out the sound.  Still, I thought about it.  That counts, doesn't it? :eh2
#999 - March 20, 2011, 11:26 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I'm not sure if that counts or not, thunderingelephants. Did you think about writing or about your story? If you thought about your story, then I'd say, "Yeah, it counts." But if you only thought about writing, then, "Nope. That doesn't count." :snork
#1000 - March 20, 2011, 11:48 AM
Verla Kay

I'm not sure if that counts or not, thunderingelephants. Did you think about writing or about your story? If you thought about your story, then I'd say, "Yeah, it counts." But if you only thought about writing, then, "Nope. That doesn't count." :snork
Considering my longhand Pickle was staring at me beside my brew on the table and the headmaster would probably say "write about me, you silly woman", maybe that counts.  I had a pen in my hand all the way through my cappuccino.  Not even a laptop in sight!
#1001 - March 20, 2011, 11:56 AM

I decided to browse through the children's section in Waterstones section and saw some great books.  Then I went to the coffee shop and looked at my manuscript today and read through the last pages I'd written. I couldn't help thinking: what a load of  :writing.
Has anyone else felt like that lately?
#1002 - March 21, 2011, 12:47 PM

I decided to browse through the children's section in Waterstones section and saw some great books.  Then I went to the coffee shop and looked at my manuscript today and read through the last pages I'd written. I couldn't help thinking: what a load of  :writing.
Has anyone else felt like that lately?

I kind of wish I would feel that way. I'm still in the beginner writer phase where everything I write sounds wonderful to me. At least, I think that's a beginner writer phase. But it's hard to revise something when you already think it's very good.
#1003 - March 22, 2011, 01:20 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
That's why critique partners are so great, Jillifish. They not only point out the areas where you are doing things well, but also help you to see where you can improve, opening your eyes to the full reality of your stories.
#1004 - March 22, 2011, 07:16 AM
Verla Kay

That's why critique partners are so great, Jillifish. They not only point out the areas where you are doing things well, but also help you to see where you can improve, opening your eyes to the full reality of your stories.

You're right, crit partners are very helpful. They're the reason I'm rewriting my whole story to change point of view.  :yuk:
#1005 - March 22, 2011, 08:57 PM

Woke up really early this morning and since I am unemployed, I couldn't stand the notion that I could possibly be here (at home) for the next hour doing nothing.  Besides, Mogster was miaarghing food and other stuff.  He went to the cupboard and no grub so I had to go buy some and brought my paper with me.
300 written.
Very content kitty and I am not feeling too bad either as a result.  He's in exactly the same position as photo in my avatar. 
I wish I was.
#1006 - March 23, 2011, 04:49 AM

Liz
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region indiana
for the first time in ages I went beyond the first thirty pages.  These pages are just giving me a hard time. :sigh

However, when I worked on revising the rest of my work on working forward things seem to flow much better.  So I have decided to ignore my beginning for awhile and keep working forward and see what happens.  :thinktoohard:
#1007 - March 23, 2011, 06:04 PM
You must do the things you think you cannot do.  Eleanor Roosevelt

http://www.lizstrawwrites.com/

Cat

Yay! Did a pretty good bunch of writing today. Off to Mass here in a little bit. Guess I'll bring along my notebook and work on my other story. Ah, Muse.
#1008 - March 27, 2011, 02:21 PM

Poster Plus
Finally hopping back into the regular-work-on-WIP trench! I added around 1K today. :tigger
#1009 - March 27, 2011, 02:36 PM

Cat

Finally hopping back into the regular-work-on-WIP trench! I added around 1K today. :tigger

Conga Rats, Emily! Whoo hoo!
#1010 - March 30, 2011, 09:52 PM

Walked down the aisles of the mall and saw jars of pickle glaring and left my story in my rucksack to create another story.  Got 3000 over the last few days.  Completely different style of writing for me.  I'll just have to see what happens.  I'm enjoying it.  Don't know if anyone else will.
#1011 - April 01, 2011, 08:07 AM

Poster Plus
Conga Rats, Emily! Whoo hoo!

Thanks, Cat. I am imagining rats doing the conga :D

Go, thunderingelephants! - getting new story ideas is such a wonderful lift.

I added 800 words to my WIP today.
#1012 - April 01, 2011, 12:29 PM

mswatkins

Finally!  I can show my face on here once again.  I worked on my project for 2 solid hours this morning.  I should have been researching two separate projects or studying for two upcoming exams, but I decided I needed to visit my characters instead.  I feel amazing!

#1013 - April 02, 2011, 07:26 AM

Poster Plus
Yay - go, msw! Isn't it wonderful revisiting familiar characters?

I added 1600 words to my WIP today. V happy with that.
#1014 - April 02, 2011, 10:23 AM

Poster Plus
Aaand that's another 1400 words for me today. :tigger
#1015 - April 05, 2011, 12:41 PM

Cat

Did about 1000 words on my WIP today. That makes me feel  :hairdude
#1016 - April 06, 2011, 08:58 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region rmc
Made it to note 48 of my 54 point revision list on my latest novel.
 :yay
Jean
#1017 - April 07, 2011, 06:45 AM
Jean Reidy
Coming soon: Pup 681, Truman, When the Snow is Deeper Than My Boots Are Tall, Group Hug , Specs and Specs II.
Others at www.jeanreidy.com

No internet at home (John can't afford the bill and neither can I!).  It's good for my writing, though.  With no television and no internet, I have no choice but to do crosswords, play on the wii or take myself off for a nicely brewed cappuccino and write.  Fluctuating between monsters and pickle at the mo.  It's keeping me on my toes!
I might be getting more writing done, but I miss checking in with Verla.  It might get sorted (hopefully).
#1018 - April 08, 2011, 07:56 AM
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:11 AM by thunderingelephants »

Cat

Another thousand tonight. I feel so happy.  :bunnyrun
#1019 - April 09, 2011, 10:22 PM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I'm traveling. I'm not writing. I did manage to do two paid critiques for people while on this extended, very long trip home though. Does that count?

Uh...I know it doesn't. But it felt almost as good to finish that second critique as it does to write my own stories, so I felt I could post here anyway. Please don't ban me from this thread! I need youse guys for inspiration and encouragement!
#1020 - April 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
Verla Kay

Members: